P&O Shore Excursions.

P&O it's already started, somewhere in my past I swore blind that, based on their reputation from this forum, I would never never never go on a PNO cruise.

Well as I posted some months ago I have been conned into eating my words and actually going on a 10 dayer on the 12Feb next year. However, despite their literature stating that I can book shore excursions from the 90 day mark, and despite also receiving at the 85 day mark 2 emails telling me the wonders of said excursions that were now available to book, and despite the said excursions appearing in the cruise control, I STILL CAN'T BOOK A BLOODY SHORE EXCURSION.

I rang PnO and a young lady that definitely didn't come from Australia could only tell me to try again later. Having been caught out last time we were in Noumea by the fact that there were two ships in at the one time, and the Choo Choo train was completely booked solid, I've been trying to make a reservation.

I'm starting to realise what P&O stands for, and the words end with 'issed and 'ff.

Hi Russell we share your frustration.

Family is going on Christmas cruise in less than 2 weeks. We have been watching the shore tours and planning which to go on. Decided that Sunday would be the day to book and with all our wishes written down we sat down to find that Classic Cruise Control was undergoing maintenance and out of action.

With their new fangled Cruise Control we have problems registering for some of the party because it decides that each person must have their own email address which of course is ridiculous for a family who has only one email address between them and so we are unable to access some of the cabins. We have four cabins.

Late Sunday night daughter managed to access the bookings on the OLD Cruise Control and booked some of the tours we wanted but was told the dolphin watching in Newcastle is unavailable. She booked desert safari for Morton Bay.

However on the NEW Cruise Control the dolphin cruise is available and the desert safari is unavailable. Desert safari has now completely disappeared from the OLD site. Unbelievable - what a mess.

As for the drink packages. On the OLD site which P&O told us to use, only water packages are available while on the NEW site all drink packages are available.

It is an absolute shambles. This has been going on for months. Why they couldn't get their new site sorted out before foisting it on their customers I don't know. :mad::mad:

If all else fails you can consider the local buses. From https://www.newcaledonia.travel/au/transport-services

"Two bus routes are specifically designed to cater for visitors. Route 12 will take you from Quai Jules Ferry (Cruise Ship Terminal) to Anse Vata following the road around the bays. Route 41 runs from Downtown to the Botanical & Wildlife Park at the weekend. Two daily bus services are scheduled on each of these routes. Check the website for details.

You can also hop on 10 & 11 route buses to travel between Anse Vata out to Nouville peninsula in one direction and up to Ouen Toro in the other, with stops at the Maritime Museum, Place des Cocotiers, the Museum of New Caledonia and along the Bays."

Further to my previous post I noted this on their shore tour booking page which I have not noticed before:

Our shore tour Best Price Guarantee

Have you found a better price somewhere else for your purchased Shore Tour?

We will match it by refunding the difference in the form of Onboard Spending Money for your cruise.

Fill in the Best Price Guarantee form

Not sure how you would prove the tour is the equivalent of theirs but who knows!!!

If all else fails you can consider the local buses. From https://www.newcaledonia.travel/au/transport-services

"Two bus routes are specifically designed to cater for visitors. Route 12 will take you from Quai Jules Ferry (Cruise Ship Terminal) to Anse Vata following the road around the bays. Route 41 runs from Downtown to the Botanical & Wildlife Park at the weekend. Two daily bus services are scheduled on each of these routes. Check the website for details.

You can also hop on 10 & 11 route buses to travel between Anse Vata out to Nouville peninsula in one direction and up to Ouen Toro in the other, with stops at the Maritime Museum, Place des Cocotiers, the Museum of New Caledonia and along the Bays."

Thank you but we've done the bus trips. This is Noumea for the fourth time.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing in 10 days on the Pacific Jewel from Melbourne

only had shore tour available for Norfolk Island up last week

have also had trouble with cruise control cant print e tickets on the new one only onthe old

called P&O 5 time asking when the tours would be available for Nrfolk Island kept telling me

tours hadnt been finalized with tour operators

Sailing in 10 days on the Pacific Jewel from Melbourne

only had shore tour available for Norfolk Island up last week

have also had trouble with cruise control cant print e tickets on the new one only onthe old

called P&O 5 time asking when the tours would be available for Nrfolk Island kept telling me

tours hadnt been finalized with tour operators

Not surprised re Norfolk Island. The locals have gone to a lot of trouble in the past to lay it on and welcome cruise ship visitors , but the ships have missed the call due to the ocean swells.

Not surprised re Norfolk Island. The locals have gone to a lot of trouble in the past to lay it on and welcome cruise ship visitors , but the ships have missed the call due to the ocean swells.

I think Norfolk Island is a bit like Easter Island, if you really want to get there, you are better off flying as they are very weather/tidal dependent.