Live from the Magic!

crunchymomma

I'm a loyal Carnival customer but am pretty frustrated right now. Itinerary change due to the hurricanes (even though all of our original ports are open) from San Juan and at Thomas to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Now due to high winds, no Grand Turk. I could have booked a Nassau cruise out of Jax much cheaper than what I paid... Thanks for letting me vent! Review to come soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did it just change? I mean the hurricanes happened months ago and most itinerary changes were adjusted well before now, when did you find out? You had to have figured that there would be changes and maybe you could have changed cruises or delayed or cancelled?

Did it just change? I mean the hurricanes happened months ago and most itinerary changes were adjusted well before now, when did you find out? You had to have figured that there would be changes and maybe you could have changed cruises or delayed or cancelled?

We found out two days after final payment was made. I realize it sounds like I'm whining. And I am.... spoiled first world problems. I'm just disappointed.

I'm a loyal Carnival customer but am pretty frustrated right now. Itinerary change due to the hurricanes (even though all of our original ports are open) from San Juan and at Thomas to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Now due to high winds, no Grand Turk. I could have booked a Nassau cruise out of Jax much cheaper than what I paid... Thanks for letting me vent! Review to come soon.

Enjoy your cruise.

Why didn't carnival change all the ports on their website then? This is confusing they still have San Juan as a port stop on a December 17 cruise. I don't cruise until next year but it would be nice to know what the stops are going to change to so I could cancel or change accordingly.

Enjoy the ports you will be visiting!

Ummm.... The following is an excerpt from the President of Carnival which was on their site as of 10/20/17. I recall reading it when I inquired if our stop at Grand Turk was still going to happen over Thanksgiving cruise.

We will be resuming visits to Grand Turk in less than two weeks, calls in San Juan on November 30 and visits to St. Thomas and St. Maarten at the beginning of January. I hope you are as excited as we are at this great news!

That cruise should have still gone to San Juan. I know the Sunshine stopped there this week in following a daily (on board) report from a cruise critic member. But based on cruise tracker...Other than going to Amber Cove....She was right its like they were on a Bahama's cruise!?

Edited by lcpagejr

This is the classic, what about ME. I have friends in St.Thomas, it's still really bad. Are there bars and restaurants open, of course. Most businesses are still running on generators. The actual city of San Juan is coming back pretty strong, but anywhere beyond the cement building is total devastation.

Crunchymomma, vent all you want! I have met many people on the Magic this week that feel the same way.

It isn’t just about missing Grand Turk. We are essentially on a Bahamian cruise and paid a hefty premium for it. While I have enjoyed the cruise, the fact that I could have went out of Charleston to the same islands for a half of the price really leaves a bad taste.