Carnival Magic - Do they allow me to bring my own beverages?

Cupkakes

It's been a minute since we've sailed with Carnival. I've already ordered a case of water for the room, but I'd like to bring a 12pk of soda if possible. I am not a soda drinker, but my husband enjoys one ocassionally. I can't imagine spending $60 for the week on board.

Also, I am thinking of bringing my own wine. I realize there is a corkage fee, but I wonder what the rule is. One bottle per person?

Thank you in advance!

CupKakes

Edited by Cupkakes
Spelling

One 750ml bottle of wine is allowed per person 21 yrs & older but will be charged $15 corkage fee if brought to dining room or bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

bring a corkscrew, no corkage charge, we have never been charged in the MDR.

Does the water need to be canned water as well? I was thinking of getting water before we board but thought I had read where it has to be canned.

If you want to carry on water it must be in cans or cartons. IMO, it's just easier to pay the $4.50 per 12 pack to have it delivered to my room. Why lug all that around to save, what, a total of $2?

bring a corkscrew, no corkage charge, we have never been charged in the MDR.

If you open it in your room and pour into glasses, you will not be charged. If you take the bottle to the MDR an have them open it, you will be charged. If you take it to the MDR open, you might be charged -- YMMV.

I was able to order a case to be delivered in the room. The cost was the same as if it was purchased at my local grocery store.

Good grief! I'd hate to shop your local grocery store! I can get a 36 or 40 pack of bottled water at a local big box store for cheaper than the pre-ordered 12 pack through Carnival. Different parts of the country I guess.

That being said, I do like the option to pre-order it and have it waiting in my room. I don't mind paying the $4.50 for 12 for the convenience of a) not having to buy canned water to carry on :( and b) not having to lug the case of water around.

We pre-ordered 2 12 packs for our Pride cruise a few years ago. It was great to have them to take off in a back pack in ports, or because DW and I both like to have water beside the bed at night. At that time, I don't believe bottled water was part of CHEERS!, but is now (I could be wrong on 1 or both of those accounts...). If we get CHEERS! for our Pride sailing next Sept., we may not need to pre-order the water.

Water is included in Cheers now. I don't bother buying it anymore. We just grab a bottle on our way by a bar and bring it back to the room. Stocked up pretty good doing that.

This was pretty much my plan if I was correct in thinking bottled water was now part of CHEERS! May actually work even better since you'll get the bottles cold and they should stay colder longer in the ice box/fridge. That was our biggest issue when we pre-ordered. The bottles were room temperature and the "fridge" was really more of a "cooler". It was difficult to chill the water, even asking for ice from our steward.

This was pretty much my plan if I was correct in thinking bottled water was now part of CHEERS! May actually work even better since you'll get the bottles cold and they should stay colder longer in the ice box/fridge. That was our biggest issue when we pre-ordered. The bottles were room temperature and the "fridge" was really more of a "cooler". It was difficult to chill the water, even asking for ice from our steward.

Any time we were going back to the room we grabbed a bottle of water to take with us. Never worried about running out.

Get a small bucket of ice from your room steward and put it in the fridge. It takes a day for it to work well but we had good luck doing it. Just let the room steward know you have the ice in the fridge and ask him to keep it stocked.

Get a small bucket of ice from your room steward and put it in the fridge. It takes a day for it to work well but we had good luck doing it. Just let the room steward know you have the ice in the fridge and ask him to keep it stocked.

I'm sure that will work better when the water is already cold. It didn't work to well for us in the past when the water we were putting in was room temperature. The ice cooled it down a little, but didn't make it "cold".