Amazing experience

EDLOS

On a whim in November after 9 straight HAL cruises, I booked TA on Norwegian Star and found

A lovely Library, quiet and comfortable stocked with books. An internet cafe with an person to answer questions and a printer. Entertainment : a Piano player, a Guitar player, a Trio playing dance music from 7 to 10:30 every night. a ships showroom cast and music ensemble. Individual acts, Singers,Comedians, Etc. that if you missed their act last night, did a matinee the next day at 2 PM. a DJ starting at 10:30 PM.

You name it, Trivia 3 times a day, beanbag toss, fun golf, word games, etc. etc.

Enrichment speaker every day, retired Professor with excellent programs.

A promonade deck with lounge chairs (thought this was a HAL exclusive)

Very good food....all and all a far better experience than on the Eurodam TA in 2016

Thank you for your report. I’m happy you had a enjoyable cruise! I love HAL but it reminds me how HAL was when we first started cruising! It’s a memory. I am excited about our cruise on The Maasdam

28 days round trip from our home town San Diego to South America. Maasdam is still suppose to be like the old days🤞I sure hope so.

Smooth Sailings

Denise:)

Thanks for the report and glad you enjoyed your TA on NCL Star. We did a TA on NCL Jade last year and had a very nice experience, but on neither of our two NCL ships (Sun and Jade) did they have loungers on the promenade deck, so I'm wondering if this is something new.

I will add that I was blown away by some of their shows, especially "Elements". And we loved the Spanish Guitarist in the afternoons, so pleasant. So our memories of the NCL entertainment were pretty positive. Overall I'd say NCL was a similar experience overall to HAL, although a bit different in certain areas, and I would gladly cruise them again if the timing/itinerary and price worked for us.

Sounds awful......arn't you glad HAL seems to be phasing these out. Makes for a quieter on board environment.

But there was no "Frozen Planet" which I have viewed on three HAL cruises (I thought it would change the second or third time), No Oprah programs to make you guilty about you lifestyle and I had to select my own books to read.

NCL also has dance lessons every day !, And I forgot, Cooking Demonstrations everyday too !

I've been on the Star and agree with your review. Though I think the food is much better on HAL, especially the buffet. In my opinion, the lack of activity is actually what I like about HAL. The piece and quiet. Boring is AMAZING!

I agree with you on the Buffet on the Star was school cafeteria level, but it was offset by O'Sheehan's Grille which served breakfast, lunch and dinner 24 hours/day. Good Omelette's, Good lunch choices, sit down and be waited on !!! Plenty of places for peace and quiet, Library, Internet (wing chairs)Room and Prominade deck, but only if you vish ! I read 6 books off my Kindle in 15 days.

• 2 weeks later...
On a whim in November after 9 straight HAL cruises, I booked TA on Norwegian Star and found

A lovely Library, quiet and comfortable stocked with books. An internet cafe with an person to answer questions and a printer. Entertainment : a Piano player, a Guitar player, a Trio playing dance music from 7 to 10:30 every night. a ships showroom cast and music ensemble. Individual acts, Singers,Comedians, Etc. that if you missed their act last night, did a matinee the next day at 2 PM. a DJ starting at 10:30 PM.

You name it, Trivia 3 times a day, beanbag toss, fun golf, word games, etc. etc.

Enrichment speaker every day, retired Professor with excellent programs.

A promonade deck with lounge chairs (thought this was a HAL exclusive)

Very good food....all and all a far better experience than on the Eurodam TA in 2016

I love Norwegian...we are headed out on the Getaway in one week and on a whim booked our first HAL (Eurodam) for immediately after we get off the Getaway (have to drive to FLL from MIA ...but no big deal)

I am sure HAL will be different from what I'm used to, but it sounds lovely....however, I am SO hooked on NCL. My Husband is 56, I'm 55...we like a little more 'lively' cruise. I assume from what I read that HAL will be a bit more on the quiet side. This isn't bad, just different.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the difference. Variety is the spice of life, right??