Disney Dream - Halloween on the High Seas - First Time Cruisers

davidmbfonz

Love this! I was on this cruise with you and the FE organizer. :) Loved chatting with your wife on our group page. :) Glad you liked the orange sand buckets. My husband was not really pleased that they took an entire large suitcase (but he gets free checked bags thankfully!) but it made it worth it to see them being used all over the island. Made me relive that time and can't wait to cruise again!!! Thanks for sharing your report!

This is the best overall cruise report I've seen to date. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Your pictures are phenomenal and they tell a complete story. You have a lovely family and thank you very much for sharing your vacation with us.

The down side is I'm pretty sure you are going to have to come up with a big chunk of money to go on a longer Disney cruise in the near future. The good news it's more fun with Disney!

Hopefully, I can give you some insight when I'll post my trip report in June when I come back from the Fantasy. However, it will not have pictures, but I will try to paint a good picture of the experience.

Thank you Cruisefamily, DisneyCruiser, and NYGirl!

I don't know exactly how far out the ship goes, but we did indeed have to leave Castaway Cay and went for some time. It got dark quickly, and I never checked on the stateroom TV to see our position. I will say that we could easily see the lights of Great Abaco Island off the port side of the ship. I noticed at least one other cruise ship out on the horizon for most of the evening also. Couldn't see Castaway although there may not have been any lights.

I've read that they leave and come back because it's the only reliable way to not be bothered by insects at night. Also, I would imagine, for security purposes. We awoke to the familiar shudder of the ship as it docked again the 2nd day.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope someone who has been on a HOHS cruise last year will also be on one this year and can update us with what's different - new or changed for this time around?

We loved HOHS, but are trying the Christmas-time cruise this November! Can't wait!

21425115501_557ce02f84_z.jpgdtnemail-FY13-DCL-Halloween-Campaign-600x300-c2300 by davidmbfonz, on Flickr

I hope someone who has been on a HOHS cruise last year will also be on one this year and can update us with what's different - new or changed for this time around?

We loved HOHS, but are trying the Christmas-time cruise this November! Can't wait!

21425115501_557ce02f84_z.jpgdtnemail-FY13-DCL-Halloween-Campaign-600x300-c2300 by davidmbfonz, on Flickr

We did 3 HOTHS cruises last year. We're scheduled for another one this year. But it's on a different ship, so I'm not sure what "differences" there may be. What sort of things are you looking for?

Not sure... wondering if they will add any events, or refine the ones they already had. I was hoping last year to encounter more of those really cool Halloween-themed mixed drinks (like with fog coming out of them and 'eyeball'-olives in the martinis), but didn't see too many.

• 3 months later...

Your report was amazing! I just sat down with my 11 year old daughter and we oooh'd and aww'd at every picture! We are set to sail on the Dream on May 30th and we're so exicted! These pictures made our wait even more unbearable! LOL

I have two kids, a son who is 14 and my daughter is 11 and this will be their first cruise. Your kids looked like they had a trip of a lifetime! Thank you for sharing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I just stumbled upon your review and I can honestly say it brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears! I loved reading every detail. We sailed with Disney many times when our kids were little, our last cruise was on the Dream in 2012, and now they are away at college! You brought back so many happy memories for me! Enjoy them...time really does fly! Seems like only yesterday... Thank you for sharing!