New Orleans info

jamdoll417

Hey cruising friends! I am cruising out of New Orleans in September and looking for a park and cruise hotel. If you could leave me with some suggestions of hotels that offer this i would appreciate it so much!

Go to the Ports forum for New Orleans. Saint Greg posts alot and he is a local.

We were just in New Orleans last month for a week to celebrate a friend's birthday and stayed at the Wyndham French Quarter, which is located fairly close to the cruise terminal and VERY convenient to Bourbon Street and Canal Street (it's on Royal Street, one block from Bourbon). We really enjoyed it, nice hotel. I just looked it up and they do have stay-park-cruise. I saw your post on the Carnival Boards. I'll attach their link to their stay-park-cruise. I know the Marriott is right behind the Wyndham and I believe it's on Canal Street, but still convenient to Bourbon Street/French Quarter. There is a Sheraton on the other side of Canal Street as well, but I don't know if they have a park and cruise program or not, but you can check into them. Hope this helps and I'm sure others will suggest other hotels.

http://www.wyndhamfrenchquarter.com/stay-park-cruise

New Orleans doesn't have a perfect park and cruise hotel unfortunately. There are pros and cons to all of them. Here some I know about.

Hampton Inn Convention Center - This is the one closest to the port. They offer a free shuttle to the port but charge $14/day for parking. Which is the same price you would pay if you just parked at fulton garage and took their shuttle (which is what I have done for all of my new orleans cruises).

Prytania Park - This one is in the Garden District. Parking is included but a two night stay is required and they don't have transportation.

Holiday Inn Downtown/Superdome - If you can get a good rate on this one it's a great deal. Parking included. Downtown. Just a couple blocks from the french quarter. But they don't offer transportation. That's showing as $11 on lyft.

Country Inn and Suites Metairie - If you don't need to be downtown this is a good one. About 6-7 miles from the port. But close to a couple of malls and a bunch of restaurants. They have free parking and a shuttle to the port. But you have to get a ride back from the port. That's a $15 ride on lyft.

The other option is to find your own hotel, park at Fulton garage, and take their free shuttle to/from the port. Check out the Hotels thread in the New Orleans forum for some hotel tips.