LPC menu

fizzy1

I don't know the answer to your question but ' menu extraordinaire ' ?? Really ?!

The "menu extraordinaire" is the menu that they show being prepared in the video presentation. You can order other items, but they aren't the ones you'll see prepared.

The "menu extraordinaire" is the menu that they show being prepared in the video presentation. You can order other items, but they aren't the ones you'll see prepared.

No way would I pay extra for this menu. The dishes sound so similar to the usual MDR food and frankly quite plain. Surely they could come up with a better menu than this ?

No way would I pay extra for this menu. The dishes sound so similar to the usual MDR food and frankly quite plain. Surely they could come up with a better menu than this ?

But it's only $55 a person :) Celebrity is hoping it's clever enough to entice folks to trying it once. I would be pretty surprised if anyone actually dined there twice since they never change the video (or therefore, the menu). Who knows, maybe it will be a successful profit center, but I'd bet on a change within 6 months to some other type of venue. Some of us have watched the video of the meal and how it rolls out (might be youtube, I forget) and in our case, it's unlikely that we'll even try it once.

We had the full five courses (yes two desserts).

You either choose the first menu that follows the ‘story’ or you can swap any items for the alternatives.

It may not be a stunningly different menu but we enjoyed it and found it tasty and found the experience great fun! Those who have only watched on YouTube and dismissed it have missed the giggly experience with family and friends it can be!

When we experienced it on Reflection we were told it was only going to be on chic nights and other nights the Q’sine menu would run. This now seems to have changed. Next cruise I would happily visit LPC again but once per cruise unless there are alternative story lines and menus would be enough!

But it's only $55 a person :) Celebrity is hoping it's clever enough to entice folks to trying it once. I would be pretty surprised if anyone actually dined there twice since they never change the video (or therefore, the menu). Who knows, maybe it will be a successful profit center, but I'd bet on a change within 6 months to some other type of venue. Some of us have watched the video of the meal and how it rolls out (might be youtube, I forget) and in our case, it's unlikely that we'll even try it once.

Wow. Only $55 ! We never pay that in Murano for a far superior meal. The idea of a video is just a gimmick and surely most people will see that, and why would anyone want to watch it more than once ? Sorry Celebrity but this is not one of your brighter ideas !

You either choose the first menu that follows the ‘story’ or you can swap any items for the alternatives.

It may not be a stunningly different menu but we enjoyed it and found it tasty and found the experience great fun! Those who have only watched on YouTube and dismissed it have missed the giggly experience with family and friends it can be!

When we experienced it on Reflection we were told it was only going to be on chic nights and other nights the Q’sine menu would run. This now seems to have changed. Next cruise I would happily visit LPC again but once per cruise unless there are alternative story lines and menus would be enough!

You may be on to something. TPC appeals to the type of passengers that Celebrity is trying to attract younger folks perhaps with kids who would enjoy the experience more than us antiques who value food more than visual creativity. In a sense, it's a bit like our local theater that became "dinner and a movie" which is floundering badly because the dinner is dull and no one goes even if the movie is good. TPC may be successful on 7 day or less Caribbean cruises....but I'm going to guess (soon to be proved on a baltic cruise) that on longer cruises deals will abound. At BOGO pricing, I'm still not sure I'd try it for $27.50, but that's just us. Everyone will decide for themselves. I have memories of the recent gourmet $10 hamburger experiment...I think this will fall into the same bucket.

Thanks for info . It is rolling out on Silhouette from Sep1st

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m still confused if Qsine is going to exist with same menu going forward or not. It sounds like they are still calling the restaurant Qsine and adding Le Petit Chef.....so is it LPC every night? LPC doesn’t interest me AT ALL.

Thankful that we are on Silhouette Aug 18 - Sept 1. We love Qsine. Some of the food is really good , some not so much. But it's fun. I always get the cupcakes for dessert. Don't always have room to eat them but love decorating them.

I’m still confused if Qsine is going to exist with same menu going forward or not. It sounds like they are still calling the restaurant Qsine and adding Le Petit Chef.....so is it LPC every night? LPC doesn’t interest me AT ALL.

We were on the Reflection in June and gave Qsine/LPC a try. What enticed us was that it was eligible for inclusion in a dining package. We paid $125 per person for a 4-night dining package. I have to admit it was a fun experience, but the food was nothing special. If we had paid the full price of $55 we would have been very disappointed. The Murano is such better value for the same money when you divide $125/4. Definitely a once and done for us. To answer some of your questions specifically, the restaurant is still called Qsine, the waiters are still dressed in Qsine uniforms, and its LPC every night. Will they change the menu going forward, nobody seems to know at this time.

We were on the Reflection in June and gave Qsine/LPC a try. What enticed us was that it was eligible for inclusion in a dining package. We paid $125 per person for a 4-night dining package. I have to admit it was a fun experience, but the food was nothing special. If we had paid the full price of $55 we would have been very disappointed. The Murano is such better value for the same money when you divide $125/4. Definitely a once and done for us. To answer some of your questions specifically, the restaurant is still called Qsine, the waiters are still dressed in Qsine uniforms, and its LPC every night. Will they change the menu going forward, nobody seems to know at this time.

Thanks. We will definitely skip it then. I’d rather go to Murano or maybe Tuscan, but have never been very impressed with Tuscan and Murano NEVER updates their menu!

I thought this was an extension to Qsine menu but if it's a replacement then that isn't good at all. There is no real added value when the menu contains items that are available in the MDR. We feel that the food in the MDR has slowly gone downhill in the 8 years we have been sailing Celebrity and we either use Aqua Class for Blu, which is not as good as it was but still okay for us or a balcony cabin with a speciality dining package depending on prices and how we feel at the time! This change to Qsine looks like an attempt to cut costs by offering more basic food with a gimmicky video thrown in. I really hope this is not the start of dumbing down all the speciality restaurants.

There is no real added value when the menu contains items that are available in the MDR.

I think that's a bit unfair. Yes, some of the items may sound like they, or something similar are available in the MDR....but the preparation/presentation/quality may be/is different. Clearly the MDR always available steak is not the same as the $15 surcharge steak in Tuscan grill, for example. I don't recall a filet or Bouillabaisse on the MDR menu....onion soup may/may not be the same...etc.

I will agree that there's nothing particularly exciting to me on the menu...but the offering, as you point out is the combination of a meal with a show and that's what you have to evaluate....is it worth $55 or whatever you are going to pay for the experience.

I really hope this is not the start of dumbing down all the speciality restaurants.

Sadly this has already been occurring for at least a few years now, most notably with the transformation of the Murano-type venues on M-Class into Tuscan Grilles. At least some of the new venues on Edge sound intriguing; time will tell. Le Petit Chef however is definitely something I am not the least bit interested in - would rather stick with Luminae even if offered a freebie there.

A little surprised the menu is so limited. My partner is allergic to seafood...so this would be a conundrum...

I am allergic to all shellfish and we went to LPC they offered a substitute and I had the sea bass which was great. They will work with you with no problem.

I am allergic to all shellfish and we went to LPC they offered a substitute and I had the sea bass which was great. They will work with you with no problem.

That’s fab !! My hubby is the same . So he will just ask for the onion soup and the sea bass as substitute and keep the rest of the main menu . Do you think they will be ok with that?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How did we go from truly fine dining in the Olympic in the early 2000s to this Carnivalesque LPC? What a total degradation of the Celebrity brand...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have to agree. And worse, the old "Ocean Liner" venues are now the totally mundane Tuscan Grille.

And those who think this will appeal the the "young crowd" I think would be mistaken. I would think those savvy enough in that demographic would find it incredibly gimmicky and hokey.