Elite vs Elite Plus

candoez

We are currently 20 points short of making Elite Plus. After our November 10 night cruise we will be Elite Plus. There is a 5 night cruise the week before our November cruise. If we take an Aqua Class room we would make Elite Plus before our 10 day cruise. The cost of this 5 night cruise is approximately $2000.

The question is making Elite Plus before our 10 night cruise WORTH IT:p

If you want extra laundry coupons, extra internet minutes and free tea, cappuccino, espresso and lattes from Cafe al Bacio. That's about the only real difference between Elite and Elite +.

We are currently 20 points short of making Elite Plus. After our November 10 night cruise we will be Elite Plus. There is a 5 night cruise the week before our November cruise. If we take an Aqua Class room we would make Elite Plus before our 10 day cruise. The cost of this 5 night cruise is approximately $2000.

We are elite plus.

My answer to you would be, "NO" (unless you just want to take another cruise...but to do that just to get a little more in perks isn't worth it...imho)

Totally agree -- UNLESS, as also stated, you just want an additional cruise (nothing "wrong" with that :D).

NRayH

No way the perks are worth that much, plus if you have a beverage package that takes care of the speciality coffee & tea. As for the extra bag each of laundry each we sure can’t use 4 bags of laundry on a 10 day can cruise.

Don't believe that the additional benefits are worth the price to move to the next level. Now Elite+ to Zenith would be worth the price. However, it's never a mistake to find a reason for a cruise.

No

We needed few points to become Elite before a 14 day cruise and took a short cruise prior to so we could get into the “green door” that was held in what is now Micheals Club. It was nice to have the HH but that was it. We usually sail in AQ so the breakfast is pointless for us. Ever since that sailing we have always had the drink pack. So the HH isn’t of any importance to us.

We have now become Elite Plus and there are very few of the benefits that we use. We rarely use the WiFi as our live doesn’t revolve around it. I used 60 minutes of the 240 during our last 14 day cruise.

We very rarely use more than one bag of laundry and now we get 4 total between us.

If you don’t have a drink pack the coffees would be benenfical but we have never used that perk either

As others have wrote the value would be in taking another cruise but not worth chasing the points.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Definitely not worth spending $2000 for the minimal extra perks. It seems you could have easily come to that conclusion yourself since you are already Elite so you know Celebrity very well. But maybe you asking about it for the status recognition or some other reason?

Our next cruise will take us to Elite Plus and can honestly say there is nothing there to make us want to rush into booking another X cruise because of our new status. The only thing of any real value would be extra internet minutes. Typically our cruises booked in the UK include the drinks package so the discount off a drinks package and free coffees are worth nothing. I don't trust the laundry with so many items I take on holiday - and they don't come back ironed - so an extra bag is not a huge benefit. We usually purchase a dining package and the discount on Speciality dining is not applicable on packages. I wouldn't book an extra cruise just to get more internet minutes and an extra bag of laundry which may/or may not come back shrunken or with the colour bleached out.

... If we take an Aqua Class room we would make Elite Plus before our 10 day cruise. The cost of this 5 night cruise is approximately $2000.

It is rare, very rare, to find a consensus on any topic on Cruise Critic. That alone has attracted me to this thread. Normally one could select a topic, any topic at all, and there would be a range of opinions on this website. No end to opinions. But the OP has unified us. ;) The only other topic that has come close to unifying us are the posts that inquire about the quality of the binoculars in Concierge Class staterooms.

FWIW we are Elite and used two bags (total) of laundry on our last 16-day cruise. We really had no need for four bags. As we move forward in loyalty, It made me question the benefits of E+ especially since one of us does not drink specialty coffee, and 90 minutes of internet was adequate for checking emails.

But as others have said, if you want a five-day cruise in Aqua Class, any excuse is as good as the next.

If you want to go on a much cheaper cruise to reach Elite Plus before your trip - check out the Summit on Oct. 21 for a 6 day cruise Bayonne to San Juan. Concierge Balcony rooms are $479 and Oceanview rooms are in the $300's.

It is rare, very rare, to find a consensus on any topic on Cruise Critic. That alone has attracted me to this thread. Normally one could select a topic, any topic at all, and there would be a range of opinions on this website. No end to opinions. But the OP has unified us. ;) The only other topic that has come close to unifying us are the posts that inquire about the quality of the binoculars in Concierge Class staterooms.

FWIW we are Elite and used two bags (total) of laundry on our last 16-day cruise. We really had no need for four bags. As we move forward in loyalty, It made me question the benefits of E+ especially since one of us does not drink specialty coffee, and 90 minutes of internet was adequate for checking emails.

But as others have said, if you want a five-day cruise in Aqua Class, any excuse is as good as the next.

Elite Plus gets 240 minutes of internet each. We very seldom use it all.

Have to agree with all the above.

We did chase Elite a while back. This was shortly before they change the system to points so we wanted to secure it before the change.

I mean we did get a nice 7 day cruise out of it and had a blast, it's just we weren't planning on one at that time.

Now ever since we became Elite we've had the beverage package so a lot of Elite is lost on us but we still like the internet and laundry.

No way would I chase Elite Plus. But, as others said, a cruise is a cruise so you can't go wrong.

While I would not spend that kind of money just to get the extra Elite+ perks - I do have to say that I appreciate them.

We travel with two kids - so the extra laundry comes in very handy. Yes, even on a 7 night, but especially on our upcoming 14 night. My wife does not drink, and I generally will only have one or two cocktails a day - so, we often do much better taking the OBC than the drink package. The one thing we do drink a lot of is coffee drinks - so that benefit works great for us too. And while we could get by with 90 minutes of internet each - the extra makes us feel like we don't have to ration.

All in all everyone is different - but I really appreciate the extra benefits.

Mike

No

We needed few points to become Elite before a 14 day cruise and took a short cruise prior to so we could get into the “green door” that was held in what is now Micheals Club. It was nice to have the HH but that was it. We usually sail in AQ so the breakfast is pointless for us. Ever since that sailing we have always had the drink pack. So the HH isn’t of any importance to us.

We have now become Elite Plus and there are very few of the benefits that we use. We rarely use the WiFi as our live doesn’t revolve around it. I used 60 minutes of the 240 during our last 14 day cruise.

We very rarely use more than one bag of laundry and now we get 4 total between us.

If you don’t have a drink pack the coffees would be benenfical but we have never used that perk either

As others have wrote the value would be in taking another cruise but not worth chasing the points.

Happy cruising

We are Elite Plus, sailed many years with X....what the heck is the 'green door' before Michael's Club..never heard of it on X.

“Green door” is slang for entry.

Before Michael’s Club became. VIP/Suite/Zenith venue, the Elite cocktail hour was held there.

thanks for the explanation. I vaguely remember 'visiting' the MC area when I was Elite and as the room was usually unoccupied, we left. Guess that means the 'green door' was open to us but not an interesting place to be.