Celebrity Reflection Things to Do

jaj7884

Hi there! Not a first time cruiser but new to cruise on Celebrity. Will be doing stops in Naples, Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica next month on Celebrity. We don't drink but I am a big time foodie and she is just there to see the sights and relax. I've been to Naples and other parts of Italy before so we have a good idea of what we will be doing in port each day (but suggestions are always encouraged on good restaurants, churches, museums, etc.). Main question was about the things we shouldn't miss on the boat... good shows, good restaurants, quiet places to relax. Would love to hear. Thank you!

Hi there! Not a first time cruiser but new to cruise on Celebrity. Will be doing stops in Naples, Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica next month on Celebrity. We don't drink but I am a big time foodie and she is just there to see the sights and relax. I've been to Naples and other parts of Italy before so we have a good idea of what we will be doing in port each day (but suggestions are always encouraged on good restaurants, churches, museums, etc.). Main question was about the things we shouldn't miss on the boat... good shows, good restaurants, quiet places to relax. Would love to hear. Thank you![/q

I haven't been on the Reflection (yet--we sail in January 2019) but have been on other Solstice class ships. I think you might like Murano for the food. It is very good and also don't forget to check out the coffee bar, Cafe al Bacio. They serve coffees of all kinds and the treats there are free of charge to enjoy with a latte, mocha or whatever coffee drink you choose. The gelato is at a charge but the treats and pastries are not.

The production shows are OK. We seem to miss more shows on Celebrity than other lines where there is more put into the entertainment shows, but there is always something to do in the evening. We did catch a few on our last cruise and I would go see Rock City again but not Broken Strings. The latter was hard for me to stay awake for after a long day in port.

We were on the Reflection in June and they did a really good job of having live music up at the Sunset Bar on Deck 15 (no drinking required). Its also great to just hang out on the lawn up there.

Cafe al Bacio has comfortable chairs, great coffees (free with the package) and yummy pastries (free to all).

We had an extravagant meal one night in Murano- waiters lifting silver domes to reveal main courses, food cooked tableside, lots of nice little touches. We also went to a special dinner at the Lawn Club Grill which featured a family-style Mediterranean feast. But we also thought that the Main Dining Room was very strong this cruise, with hot, well prepared, and delicious offerings.

We don't go to the shows, so I can't help you there, but many people said that they were much better than they were on the same ship at Christmas.

We like trivia and they were offering one in the morning and one in the afternoon most days. However, we did find that that there were fewer entertainment offerings than we are used to, perhaps because we dined at late dining, which is when they held many of the game show type events that we enjoy.

On sea days we usually set ourselves up in the Solarium, the adults only pool. It's quiet, with a small pool and whirlpools. There is also a small cafe there that has light offerings at breakfast and lunch, as well as mixed juices and smoothies (free with the premium package).

Hope you have a great cruise!

murano definitely for a nice meal or in our case 7 - you can look at booking dining packages pre cruise. we did try the other speciality dining venues - but in the end did not go back to them but booked extra nights in murano.

if you don't drink then the cafe al back teas are very nice - would often get a lemongrass at night as a takeaway - leave in fridge and would be really nice and refreshing first thing in the morning..

the ensemble lounge for us had the best music and relaxed areas- and handy for ore/post dinner drink

main dining room - not really relaxing - though if late back from port etc you could go in there at 9pm - and have a main course or something light- but the desserts in cafe al back were always better. v difficult to get drinks service - we only did two nights out of 14 there - and went out to martini bar on one occasion after 30 mins of being unable to get drinks/water service. the great service and food is what you pay for in murano.

besides the ensemble music - did almost nothing of the other entertainment - wasn't really our thing - the big shows just don't appeal. the silent disco was entertaining to watch for ten minutes etc...

the reflection is nicer in my opinion and better managed than other celebrity ships - feels to me like a totally different company to equinox.

We were on the Reflection in June and they did a really good job of having live music up at the Sunset Bar on Deck 15 (no drinking required). Its also great to just hang out on the lawn up there.

That may be the nicest Sunset Bar in the fleet!

DSCF1682.jpg

Don’t miss a lunch in The Porch.

There is a charge but well worth it, especially on a sea day when the ship is busy. Pop in about midday after a nice swim....sit back and relax. It has the ambiance of a Mediterranean shore side restaurant. Nothing fancy food wise but the sea food tower is good....ask for a couple of Sangrias and just enjoy!