Looking for information.... Ship Monarch from Colon, Panama July 2018

Celandine

Good day,

I am looking into booking a cruise for this July on the Monarch sailing from Colon, Panama.

My friend and I are both Canadians and have some cruise experience, by this time my friend will have been on 3 cruises (2 with MSC one with Princess) and I'll have done 14 (various lines).

I know nothing about this line, and the website translated into English has a lot of areas with errors (especially ship technical data). Just looking for some information and input on what to expect.

Side note, we haven't booked yet but are most likely booking next weekend and pretty set on this trip, any ideas for transfers from Panama city or sites to see (we will stay in Panama city for a few days after the trip) are appreciated!

Thank you :)

Hello, we have sailed 3 times on Pullmantur. Twice on the Monarch. Last time was out of Colon.

Great cruise. We dont speak Spanish but not a problem.

We had 3 nights in panama prior to the cruise. Took the metro..subway to a huge mall. took a taxi to the canal. Went to trump tower.

The best way to get to colon from panama was the panama railway. Leaves in the morning. great ride. After cruise its a $100 taxi to airport. about 1-2 hours with traffic. im on here a lot if you have questions.

I have been on the Monarch, transatlantic two years ago. Great value! Great medium ship! Obviously, this cruise line is designed for spanish speakers, but no worries, I had a great time. The panorama deck was very relaxing.

I recommend you book your hotel at the Intrrcontinental Miramar Panama. Amazing pool. Leave couple days to enjoy. I paid very little for 5 star room, overlooking water, floor to ceiling windows.

You should book a Pullmantour Panama Canal bustour excursion that finishes in Colon the day you disembark. Pickup will be described to you. Its about 6-7 hrs including lunch.

If you like interior rooms, Monarch has very quiet ones mid-ship in short perpendicular hallways. Dark, quiet, clean, air conditioned, you will sleep very nicely.

I have great memories, early breakfast over the bow every morning with all the "regulars". Simply beautiful! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J327T using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for the replies so quickly!

I've been doing research and my friend and I are definitely going to take this cruise... I have a family member that lives in Panama so we'll be spending a few days after the cruise either with them or at least being shown around by them.

I'm really excited for this cruise and looking forward to the experience! I'll definitely pop back in here after I book and if any more questions come up!

I have already contacted VTG and am just waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

Here is your answer. Vacations to Go is the exclusive agent in North America for Pullmantour cruises. They have a specific group of agents who can steer you through a Pullmantour booking if that is what you wish to do. http://www.*************.com There are Canadians I am certain who book on Pullmantour, either Caribbean, Baltic, or Mediterranean itineraries.

Now, for more specific, if you really want to talk to someone in Spain about Pullmantour, you can go to https://www.pullmantur.es/ and under contact us, you can find the 800 number for Puerto Rico and call them. But, I warn you, they will steer you back to the North America agent as they are not allowed to talk much about their cruises to clients from the Western Hemisphere.

Anyhow, VTG does fine selling it, and you will find plenty of information. If you want to, call VTG and use extension #7252. Good luck. :)