Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

SSCAF001

Hello,

I will be leaving Fort Lauderdale on December 20, 2018 aboard Silver Whisper and I am looking for a conveniently located hotel. Any advice? Thanks and cheers from Switzerland.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are a number of reasonable hotels close to the port area, the Hyatt Pier 66 is ok, SS use the Marriott Harbour Beach, and if you fancy somewhere more upmarket go for The Pillars.

The most convenient for the port is the Renaissance, opposite the port entrance (although you'll still need to take a shuttle to the Pier, it's such a large port), although I often use the Embassy Suites 17th St just along the road - a perfectly adequate hotel for a short stay. Or the Hilton Marina does offer some pleasant views of the Intracoastal Waterway and ditto is adequate for a short stay.

Wherever you choose, book early (like now) as you'll be getting into peak cruising season and all the convenient and decent hotels near the port get fully booked. For this reason, you'll probably also find that hotel prices for your dates may be higher than you'd expect.

Keep in mind there are many hotels near the port and I define near within a fifteen minute radius.

Will you be there for one night or more?

If you like the beach the Marriott Harbour Beach is a very nice property with a beautiful pool and nice beach area.

I am not big on the Pier 66 hotel although it has been purchased by another group so we'll see if they improve it.

I can offer many more suggestions but would like to know how many days you will be there and do you know price range (USA).

Keith

Thank you very much for your answer. Just to be more specific we will be spending only one night prior to the cruise arriving from Switzerland on December 19. Among the hotels you mentioned could you tell me if some of them propose a free shuttle to the pier or if I will have to organize the transportation by myself? Thanks. Christophe.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

Do you know a hotel offering both a shuttle from Miami international airport and a shuttle to the pier? Does it exist? Thanks.

Pretty sure the answer to both questions is no. It's pretty easy to get a taxi from Miami to Ft Lauderdale and also to the pier.

I would just get an Uber.

OP is from Switzerland and probably won't be using international data roaming or have the app so Uber not much use - if he does use Uber, then OK, that's an option.

I always get Supershuttle from Miami airport to Embassy Suites 17th St but I'm solo, the price for two on Supershuttle is still cheaper than a taxi but not by so much. Taxi is about $90.

Then get a taxi to the port, $10 to $20 from any hotel near 17th St.

Edited by jollyjones

Thank you very much for your answer. Just to be more specific we will be spending only one night prior to the cruise arriving from Switzerland on December 19. Among the hotels you mentioned could you tell me if some of them propose a free shuttle to the pier or if I will have to organize the transportation by myself? Thanks. Christophe.

Christophe, none of the hotels that have been mentioned have a complimentary shuttle.

A few do in Fort Lauderdale but they would not be the ones I would recommend to you.

Most of the hotels near the cruise port are relatively close to the airport. Likely a $15.00 (in USA taxi ride) between airport and many of the hotels listed and about the same to the port.

If you want a hotel just for the one night consider the Embassy Suites. It's relatively close to airport and port and close to shopping should you need any last minute items. It includes a very nice breakfast.

If you were staying a few days then I would be recommending several other hotels.

As mentioned Uber or Lyft are other options but if that is not possible for you then the taxi is easy.

Hotels like Embassy Suites allow you to book a shuttle which you can do upon your arrival but to me it is very easy to go with a taxi or the other companies I mentioned.

Keith

Most of the hotels near the cruise port are relatively close to the airport. Likely a $15.00 (in USA taxi ride) between airport and many of the hotels listed and about the same to the port.

If you want a hotel just for the one night consider the Embassy Suites. It's relatively close to airport and port and close to shopping should you need any last minute items. It includes a very nice breakfast.

Hotels like Embassy Suites allow you to book a shuttle which you can do upon your arrival but to me it is very easy to go with a taxi or the other companies I mentioned.

Keith

Christophe is flying in from Switzerland so it'll be MIA, not FLL, that's why I quoted a $90 US taxi price.

And as mentioned, book early. Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale 17th St is currently showing flexible rate Dec 19/20 at $199 US ($222.88 with taxes) - this is very cheap for this area at this time and, since it's fully flexible and cancellable, I would strongly suggest you make a reservation now.

Edited by jollyjones

For our Silhouette cruise we are looking the Hilton Marina, they have a cruise package which includes Breakfast and transportation to the Cruise Terminal. Like more these because they have rooms with a view to the ships at port

Christophe is flying in from Switzerland so it'll be MIA, not FLL, that's why I quoted a $90 US taxi price.

And as mentioned, book early. Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale 17th St is currently showing flexible rate Dec 19/20 at $199 US ($222.88 with taxes) - this is very cheap for this area at this time and, since it's fully flexible and cancellable, I would strongly suggest you make a reservation now.

Oh yes, good point on the transportation.

Keith

Here is a site with hotels and if they have shuttles or not and the cost. Not sure how accurate it is, but it is a starting point. I separated the periods in the first part of the website address as I am not sure if paying links is ok.

www . sunny . org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app