Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Passes Opinions

wesorbeth

Are the 7 day couple thermal suite and thalassotherapy passes worth it?

Only if YOU think so. At about $200, it's not an insignificant expense. We did the T-pool at least once, sometimes twice a day and enjoyed it, especially as an alternative to being in the main hot tubs. The heated stone loungers are a nice way to relax as well and there's also aroma-therapy steam and a dry sauna, and a cool-down rain shower. How much are you willing to pay for that? Nobody else can really decide for you.

I went solo on the Dream for 7 days and after day 5 I didn’t go at all. While I enjoyed my time there it was hard to squeeze in the time to go. And it gave me some terrible headaches due to the temperature changes. The area was really nice though. If they offered a 3 day pass I would do that without hesitation. I just don’t need to go every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

one cruise i went on, i bought a day pass and tried everyhing, but really liked the dry sauna and the heated lounges most. the T-pool wasn't that great to me. another cruise, i purhcased 2 day passes and spent an insane amount of time on the heated loungers. (ignored the T-pool completely). next cruise, DH & I bought the week long passes and spent hours each day in the spa (mostly in the hot tubs & heated loungers. neither of us were impressed by the T-pool. but felt the hot tubs & loungers were worth the $

each of these cruises were on different ships so part of it depends on the ship and layout and what you enjoy.

I went solo on the Dream for 7 days and after day 5 I didn’t go at all. While I enjoyed my time there it was hard to squeeze in the time to go. And it gave me some terrible headaches due to the temperature changes. The area was really nice though. If they offered a 3 day pass I would do that without hesitation. I just don’t need to go every day.

We bought a 2 day pass on Dream several years ago for 150% of the single day rate.

For our August 2018 cruise on the Breeze, I bought the weeklong pass for myself (we did not get a Cloud9 Spa Cabin like our previous four cruises). I went 2-3 times everyday (17 visits total about two hours each visit).

I would keep my swimming trunks in the Spa locker room...easier there than finding a place in our cabin to hang them. Also those showers are huge...I never showered in our cabin. And there is an endless supply of towels. I figured I used 7-8 towels during each visit to the Spa...or about 130 during the entire cruise!

I paid $139 for the pass. I would pay twice that amount without hesitation.

My wife on the other hand..she would not step foot in the Spa even if it was free.

Depending on when you leave there might be a spa discount coupon you can use. If there are two people going there is also a couples package that is cheaper than doing 2 individuals and can be used across cabins if there are multiple cabins booked. My wife used it more than I did. There were days it was packed especially towards the start. It got easier to find open loungers later in the cruise. Like previously suggested maybe go the first day and check it out. It might not be very cost effective but you could also buy a day pass when you board and try it. If you think it is worth the money you could buy it for future cruises

A one week pass for me was $129 and its worth it. I use it daily each time I purchase it. I go to the thalassotherapy pool at least once a day (sometimes twice a day) and then head over to the loungers and the cool down shower.

But as others have said, its only worth it if you think its worth it.

I think it's definitely worth it on the Dream class ships, but not so much on Vista class ships due to the lack of the large thalassotherapy pool. I have sailed on Magic twice this area and spent a minimum of an hour in the thermal suite area every day (14 days total).

A one week pass for me was $129 and its worth it. I use it daily each time I purchase it. I go to the thalassotherapy pool at least once a day (sometimes twice a day) and then head over to the loungers and the cool down shower.

But as others have said, its only worth it if you think its worth it.

Completely agree, you took the words right offa my fingers ;p

DH and I almost always use a cruise-length spa pass when available. We enjoy the spa heated loungers and steam rooms every day and doing so has become a part of our cruising ritual.

One thing I’d add, though, is that it depends on the itinerary. We sailed on 7-day Magic Eastern with four days in port and we had excursions at each port. That cruise, we did not utilize the spa as much and I regretted getting the pass a bit — we did it enjoy it on sea days and one port day in afternoon — because of the expense v use.

I also agree that Magic spa is not my fave, although I thought it was fine. I love the Dream spa and my absolute fave was the Splendor.

Yes, I think so, IF there is a thalassotherapy pool.We loved it and used it every day of our seven day cruise on the Dream. It was wonderful to soothe achy muscles after a port day and to spoil yourself on long sea days. We were so disappointed that the Vista didn't have one and felt we wasted our money on a spa cabin.

I think it's definitely worth it on the Dream class ships, but not so much on Vista class ships due to the lack of the large thalassotherapy pool. I have sailed on Magic twice this area and spent a minimum of an hour in the thermal suite area every day (14 days total).

Agree totally, was very disappointed with the spa on the Vista, way too small for such a large capacity ship. The lounger room was way too noisy with the thalasso "pool" - more like a large hot tub, in the same room, add in people talking and it was anything but relaxing.

Loved the spa on the Magic and have a 14 day spa pass waiting for me on the Breeze. Enjoy the heated loungers for reading and relaxing and the steam room, will visit at least once a day if not more.

My other half would not be caught dead in a spa, he'd rather sit on the balcony! To each his/her own, it's whatever works for you!

Even though most here seem to prefer the t-pool, do not dismiss the three saunas. I find them equally enjoyable and relaxing as the t-pool. On the Breeze, I find the Oriental steam to be the most relaxing as there are flat bench’s you can lay on in addition to the regular seating. It is super quiet (no blowers like the t-pool) and a view of the water to boot!