Steakhouse Attire

chasinraynbowz

Copied & pasted from my steakhouse confirmation e-mail:

• Cruise Casual Dress Code
  • Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

• Cruise Elegant Dress Code
  • Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire.

Thanks so much for this. I had found where shorts were not permitted, but I had not seen this list. It is much appreciated!!

The Miracle Steakhouse is also open to the atrium, and we were bombarded with the noise from the name that tune and sing along karaoke or whatever to the point that made it difficult to have a conversation. There are several reasons why I won't sail the Miracle again and this is one of them.

One reason to bring back the supper clubs with entertainment in the venue.

I like the steakhouses on Spirit class ships - 2 decks instead of one. And the funnel on top.

We cruised the Miracle the end of May and I was one of 2 guys in the Steakhouse wearing long pants. The other 5 guys had cargo shorts, tees, caps, and 1 even had a wifebeater.

The Miracle was the 1st Steakhouse I've been on that allowed this type of dress, and I've eaten in every Steakhouse on the Conquest, Dream and Vista class ships, some multiple times. On any other ship those guys would have been either turned away or asked to "re-dress" their attire.

The Miracle Steakhouse is also open to the atrium, and we were bombarded with the noise from the name that tune and sing along karaoke or whatever to the point that made it difficult to have a conversation. There are several reasons why I won't sail the Miracle again and this is one of them.

We recently cruised on the Horizon and ate in the steakhouse. There was a large family group including several children and babies. They allowed one of their babies to run around the dining room in a diaper only with no other clothes and all of the children ran wild around the restaurant. One child was dragging another across the floor by his shirt. They were getting in the way of the servers but no one said anything. Not the atmosphere I paid for.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted on here yet.... John Heald answered this question on Facebook today. Shorts *ARE* permitted in the STEAKHOUSE on the first night (only).

I was just going to say that. I just read his post a few hours ago about this exact situation. He said shorts are ok 1st night in steakhouse as guests may not have their luggage delivered yet

The last 2 posts are not necessarily true. The rules are in place, whether they get enforced is another story. We have definitely seen men turn away at both the Steakhouse and the MDR on elegant night for wearing shorts. It's your call if you take a chance on being embarrassed. How hard is it to put on a pair of slacks?

The last 2 posts are not necessarily true. The rules are in place, whether they get enforced is another story. We have definitely seen men turn away at both the Steakhouse and the MDR on elegant night for wearing shorts. It's your call if you take a chance on being embarrassed. How hard is it to put on a pair of slacks?

Well, the OP was asking about embarkation day/night, which isn't (ever?) elegant night.

It appears the dress code for the first night is relaxed to allow (nice) shorts.

Nonetheless, for our reservation on the first night I will wear khaki slacks because I want to look good for my wife, and it seems appropriate for the decor/mood/whatever. But I wouldn't wear shorts to the MDR either, even on cruise-casual nights - that's just how I am.

In our case, I will be packing my DH a pair of slacks/jeans... something in our carry on since we can't depend on our luggage getting to our stateroom by the time we head to dinner. That being said, John Heald has stated that guests are permitted to wear shorts on the first day of the cruise.

So, while I will be packing him a pair of slacks, if he wants to wear his khaki shorts and a polo shirt, he can.

We recently cruised on the Horizon and ate in the steakhouse. There was a large family group including several children and babies. They allowed one of their babies to run around the dining room in a diaper only with no other clothes and all of the children ran wild around the restaurant. One child was dragging another across the floor by his shirt. They were getting in the way of the servers but no one said anything. Not the atmosphere I paid for.

I would have demanded a refund and left. then I would have went to guest services and threw a fit. I am no longer allowing Carnival to get away with allowing ANY part of my vacation to be degraded just because they are too weak to make parents mind their out of control kids. I'm sick of it.

I don't know why people on Carnival are so OBESSED with trying to avoid following the rules. 20 people just said (and showed) you are NOT supposed to wear shorts in the steakhouse. WHY didn't we just stop when we answered her question? No wonder people call Carnival the Wal-Mart of cruise lines.

I don't know why people on Carnival are so OBESSED with trying to avoid following the rules. 20 people just said (and showed) you are NOT supposed to wear shorts in the steakhouse. WHY didn't we just stop when we answered her question? No wonder people call Carnival the Wal-Mart of cruise lines.

Honestly, the ONLY reason I asked this question was because I thought I read somewhere that on the first day, the dress code was relaxed. John Heald has now confirmed this.

Yes its a rule, on all but day one.

I can't believe its caused this much of an uproar... LOL.

Would I wear shorts to any fine dining establishment, no. It's a matter of respect, it's not hard to roll up a pair of slacks for your carry on. It seems some people want to wear shorts because JH said it was acceptable, which I have yet to find this quote on FB. The A.I.'s we go to definitely require slacks and it is strictly enforced, or you can eat at the buffet.

20+ people were wrong, weren't they?

A few years ago we had reservations at the Steak House for 6PM. At 5:30 I called them and told them my husband boarded wearing shorts and that our luggage hadn't yet arrived.

I was told that if our luggage didn't arrive in time for us to make dinner, that they would be happy to arrange for us to have dinner there another night as shorts were not permitted.

Fortunately, our luggage arrived a few minutes later and he was able to change for us to go. I don't know that things have changed, but I doubt they have, at least for the Steak House.

She is specifically asking about the first night in the steakhouse which is cruise casual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it was true on my sailing I was just reporting what I actually saw while I was dining. Carnival is great at posting guidelines and not following through, dining room attire, chair saving on lido just to name a few.