redo vows on the beach

billtba

My daughter wants to re do her wedding vows on the beach. She suggested Mexico, i said i would look into whether Disney offers this service on Castaway Cay?

Is this a possibility?

Yes, for a pretty hefty fee:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/weddings-honeymoons-vows/

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/weddings-vow-renewals/?int_cmp=INS-intDCLtoDCL-Weddings

Starting price - $3,000

https://www.disneyweddings.com/cruise/pricing/

Yes....but as noted, doing it thru DCL carries a high price tag. A hint--depending on what they want, there is nothing to prevent them from doing a vow renewal "on their own." There is nothing legal about this, so they could do their own ceremony with dad officiating. Of course, they would not have the help of a DCL wedding coordinator, but the rest of the "package" they could basically duplicate on their own.

Yes....but as noted' date=' doing it thru DCL carries a high price tag. A hint--depending on what they want, there is nothing to prevent them from doing a vow renewal "on their own." There is nothing legal about this, so they could do their own ceremony with dad officiating. Of course, they would not have the help of a DCL wedding coordinator, but the rest of the "package" they could basically duplicate on their own.[/quote']

I'm on another forum where just such a discussion is taking place. DCL's policy is that wedding/renewals cannot be done onboard, or at Castaway Cay except using Disney's packages.

I've copied the reply from DCL regarding using a room onboard for a privately arranged ceremony:

Dear (edited)

Thank you for your email to Disney Cruise Line.

It would be my pleasure to further assist you.

While private event space is available onboard our ships, these spaces are unable to be rented for the purpose of hosting a wedding ceremony. This would include the use for a small service without food and beverage, flowers, etc.

If your friends are wanting to host a wedding onboard, they would need to reserve a wedding package.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Darlene

Email Communications Agent

Disney Cruise Line

There are a lot of things that are not permitted by DCL that happen. I get that they won't rent you a private room on the ship for a vow renewal or wedding. It would be extremely difficult to regulate what a small group of people are doing on the beach...unless, of course, one is in a wedding gown! If someone wants to hold a small ceremony to remember a departed grandma or to worship the sun god, it is unlikely that DCL personnel would even notice unless the group interferes with other passengers.

A DCL planned wedding or vow renewal on Castaway is not "private" either--they use areas that are less used by large numbers of guests, but anyone can walk by during "your" time.

There are a lot of things that are not permitted by DCL that happen. I get that they won't rent you a private room on the ship for a vow renewal or wedding. It would be extremely difficult to regulate what a small group of people are doing on the beach...unless' date=' of course, one is in a wedding gown! If someone wants to hold a small ceremony to remember a departed grandma or to worship the sun god, it is unlikely that DCL personnel would even notice unless the group interferes with other passengers.

A DCL planned wedding or vow renewal on Castaway is not "private" either--they use areas that are less used by large numbers of guests, but anyone can walk by during "your" time.[/quote']

I would not recommend that anyone try to do a wedding vow ceremony of any kind on Disney property (Ship, Castaway or Hotel) without paying the Disney fee and having Disney run it. They are known for interrupting these attempts and have likely seen enough of them to recognize them pretty easily. I'm sure that some have gotten away with it, but they don't allow it. I could only speculate why they are so strict, but my guess is that if they didn't police it rigorously, people would be trying to do it all the time and it would quickly get out of hand.

The Disney cost is actually quite reasonable if you've ever tried to pay for a wedding (as I am doing for one of my daughters right now).