When to book?!?

bearsnut84

We are booked on the sailing on the Magic leaving October 21st, 34 days away!! We have a Spa Balcony and we have some friends that have decided to join us for a last minute trip. They also want a Spa balcony and we would like to be next to each other.

There are 4 sets of rooms on deck 12 together right now, should we go ahead and get them booked or wait for the next sale to try to get them a cheaper price?

I don't want the upgrade fairies to start calling people and us miss out on rooms next to each other.

Any advice?!?!? Thanks

My advice is to book them now. If you want those particular cabins together and they are available. Grab them. If you book early Saver your price is protected and you would get OBC if there is a price drop after final payment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, 34 days out the rates are likely to increase, unless there are a whole lotta cabins still available. the only time I see a reasonable drop is in the week or two before sailing, where it might be apparent there are a few leftover cabins. But I've also seen the entire ship full/sold out in those two weeks.

If you think the fare is fair ;), then go for it ASAP to avoid disappointment.

We are booked on the sailing on the Magic leaving October 21st, 34 days away!! We have a Spa Balcony and we have some friends that have decided to join us for a last minute trip. They also want a Spa balcony and we would like to be next to each other.

There are 4 sets of rooms on deck 12 together right now, should we go ahead and get them booked or wait for the next sale to try to get them a cheaper price?

I don't want the upgrade fairies to start calling people and us miss out on rooms next to each other.

Any advice?!?!? Thanks

Have you done a mock booking to see what the new price would be? Then it would be easier for us to give a answer worth something.

since you have a spa balcony, it may be a sideways move at no cost. 8S cabin to 8S. sounds like, but im guessing. check to make sure the cabin you are in now is the same category as the one that is adjoining to double check ... i would but then maybe im ocd.

ifs its a move to the same category balcony ... then grab it quick.

I can't imagine booking this late! I always book 6 months to 18 months ahead to be sure I get what I want. Go for it and book now!

That's the first thing I thought of. We always book at least a year in advance so we get exactly what/where we want. I would definitely book now.

Any advice?!?!? Thanks

What makes you think prices are coming down?

Any advice?!?!? Thanks

Hi

Please remember, (this goes with any cruise line) When you see or hear the word "sale" in the future, it doesn't mean that the price will be less than it is today.

It might be, it might be only for certain categories, it might be for only certain sail dates. If you want something that is available now and you feel the price is right, book it now, unless it doesn't matter if you get your preferred cabin selection. Wait, the cabin price might go down, or it might go up.