Just got off Vista 8 day cruise.

Lovex4

It was a great cruise! Weather was great. Ship and staff were great! We couldn't have asked for a better cruise.

St. Kitts and Grand Turk were new to us. We had a wonderful 7 hour tour of St. Kitts with Thenford Gray tours. He was excellent and covered the entire island. Grand Turk, unless you have an excursion planned, there is nothing there except the overcrowded beach and drunks at Margaritaville. We are divers so we dove the wall and avoided the mess at the port.

We've been to San Juan and St. Maarten many times so we just did our own thing.

Chris the flying Scottsman was very good when we saw him. He pretty much came out for the shows. Jammin' James was hilarious and was all over the ship and at all the events/parties. I don't know how he ever slept. This guy needs to be cruise director of his own ship!!! He is awesome!

Food/Drink - The buffet was what you would expect. It was not the best food but it was warm and there was plenty of it. My time dining was very good. We loved the Red Frog Pub but bar service was very, very slow. One waiter from Indonesia was very good.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Glad to hear you had a great time!

Another poster here was on Vista in August and felt the ship looked run-down (which is odd for a two-year-old ship). Did you notice lots of rust, worn out carpet, trashed/torn mini-golf greens? Maybe they fixed all that in-between.

Also, was the Lido full of rowdy foul-mouthed drunks? Or did they get all that out of their systems on Grand Turk?

Just curious, the two reviews are almost polar opposites at first glance...

Glad to hear you had a great time!

Another poster here was on Vista in August and felt the ship looked run-down (which is odd for a two-year-old ship). Did you notice lots of rust, worn out carpet, trashed/torn mini-golf greens? Maybe they fixed all that in-between.

Also, was the Lido full of rowdy foul-mouthed drunks? Or did they get all that out of their systems on Grand Turk?

Just curious, the two reviews are almost polar opposites at first glance...

I'm not sure what ship they were on but what we saw was gorgeous and spotless. They were always cleaning! I was extremely impressed. We've been on NCLs Getaway and the Vista had much more "elbow room" for a similar sized ship. It never seemed crowded.

Unfortunately Grand Turk was our last stop so yes, there were plenty of foul mouthed people on the Lido deck. But it wasn't that bad. We kept to the small pool on the back of the ship.

I was on same cruise that just ended Sunday.. I did notice the carpet in our suite was a bit gross looking. Other than that, the ship was in tip top shape. The entire crew I encountered went above and beyond. I really enjoyed the cruise except I felt there were many rude passengers. More so than usual it seemed.

Also on board. I didn't see a whole lot of dis-repair. There was some rust up on the sports deck on the outside portion but pretty much where ANY ship is going to have rust due location and exposure. No problems with carpets. Mini golf did have some issues but not with greens (kids stuffing pipes full of balls and such). Over all very lovely. Crew was very attentive and fun. There were a LOT of rude people. More so than I'm used to.

Hubby and I were on the same cruise. Enjoyed all of it. The ship didn't really look run down to me, but at the same time it was hard for me to believe that it's only a few years old. The carpeting in our room wasn't worn out, but there were 2 stains under the desk area. Also, a dark stain in the bathroom sink. Made me wonder what passengers are doing to cause this. Rust spots are going to happen quickly due to the environment. Our service was just ok and not as wonderful as we've experienced on our other Carnival cruises. Upon check in, our balcony still had small bits of trash and a pair of worn out pool shoes left behind by the last guest. Next to the bed were a pair of men's socks all balled up. The room steward had left the water running in the bathroom with two wine glasses in the sink. I don't know how long that ran for, but we arrived at our room at about 2:15 PM. Hubby requested (nicely) 2 more pillows which he never received. Then the room steward would search me out in the hallway almost every afternoon to ask how I liked my towel animal. I found that kinda odd. But it was a great cruise and absolutely loved my time in the ports - esp. Grand Turk and St. Maarten, relaxing and meeting some really nice people.

We were on the 9/8 to 9/16 cruise. Had a great time. Didn't see or experience any issues with the rooms. We didn't have a balcony this time, interior on Deck 10. Agree with the comments on the Cruise Director. He was extremely funny and very entertaining. Not a bad singer either! Hope to be on another ship with him soon. I saw that the Vista is scheduled for a CD change in mid-November. We'll be on the Magic in November and they do not have a CD scheduled. Be great if the Scotsman heads over to that ship. We didn't run into a ton of rude cruisers, no more than you would normally see. One poster asked about "white night", that was on this cruise as well.

Hubby and I were on the same cruise. Enjoyed all of it. The ship didn't really look run down to me, but at the same time it was hard for me to believe that it's only a few years old. The carpeting in our room wasn't worn out, but there were 2 stains under the desk area. Also, a dark stain in the bathroom sink. Made me wonder what passengers are doing to cause this. Rust spots are going to happen quickly due to the environment. Our service was just ok and not as wonderful as we've experienced on our other Carnival cruises. Upon check in, our balcony still had small bits of trash and a pair of worn out pool shoes left behind by the last guest. Next to the bed were a pair of men's socks all balled up. The room steward had left the water running in the bathroom with two wine glasses in the sink. I don't know how long that ran for, but we arrived at our room at about 2:15 PM. Hubby requested (nicely) 2 more pillows which he never received. Then the room steward would search me out in the hallway almost every afternoon to ask how I liked my towel animal. I found that kinda odd. But it was a great cruise and absolutely loved my time in the ports - esp. Grand Turk and St. Maarten, relaxing and meeting some really nice people.

What did the Housekeeping Supervisor or Guest Relations say when you brought this to their attention?

We were on the 9/8 to 9/16 cruise. Had a great time. Didn't see or experience any issues with the rooms. We didn't have a balcony this time, interior on Deck 10. Agree with the comments on the Cruise Director. He was extremely funny and very entertaining. Not a bad singer either! Hope to be on another ship with him soon. I saw that the Vista is scheduled for a CD change in mid-November. We'll be on the Magic in November and they do not have a CD scheduled. Be great if the Scotsman heads over to that ship. We didn't run into a ton of rude cruisers, no more than you would normally see. One poster asked about "white night", that was on this cruise as well.

He won’t. He will be on vacation.

Sorry to disappoint.

I'm not sure what ship they were on but what we saw was gorgeous and spotless. They were always cleaning! I was extremely impressed. We've been on NCLs Getaway and the Vista had much more "elbow room" for a similar sized ship. It never seemed crowded.

Unfortunately Grand Turk was our last stop so yes, there were plenty of foul mouthed people on the Lido deck. But it wasn't that bad. We kept to the small pool on the back of the ship.

I was going to ask about the "elbow room" myself. Ive been on it twice and it is my least favorite ship, the main reason being the layout. Don't get me wrong...saying this is my least favorite ship is like saying butter pecan is my least favorite flavor of ice cream...it may not be my first choice but id still enjoy it. :) We thought that the hallway back by sportsbar/comedy club was a big issue, with the MDR being down there it made it almost impossible to pass at crowded times. Also we did not like the design of the main theater either. I do agree with you though, it was spotless for us both times we went on it. Sorry to hear about your experience in Grand Turk. We've been a handful of times and love it each time. If you think the drunks at Margaritaville are bad....NEVER go down to Jack's Shack the drinks are much cheaper. If you ever go there again, maybe look into renting a golf cart. We did and drove around the island all day, it was really easy to navigate.