Planning 1st time to hawaii

bingobunny14

"Best" is a totally vague and subjective term. "Best" in what way? We have been to Hawaii just about 30 times, 11 of the 12 months...have yet to have a less than "best" time. The "best" cruise line for you might be the worst for me.

Read around the board...you now your preferences, we don't. Narrow down these extremely broad questions.

"Best" is a totally vague and subjective term. "Best" in what way? We have been to Hawaii just about 30 times, 11 of the 12 months...have yet to have a less than "best" time. The "best" cruise line for you might be the worst for me.

Read around the board...you now your preferences, we don't. Narrow down these extremely broad questions.

Agreed....:)

We have taken the Hawaii run with Holland America and Princess, which is our line of choice.

In October, we are booked with Carnival because we are taking our 5 year old granddaughter, and DS wanted the kids programs.

All of our past Hawaii cruises have been in Feb/Mar or April. For me, there is less humidity then, and the whales are still there in Feb and March.

The upcoming October one is an unknown for me, but there are so few cruises to choose from, we booked it 2 years ago.:D

Patti

The weather doesn't vary a lot...highs are 75-90 every day...lower range in winter months, higher range in summer months. Humidity can be higher in later summer. Rain is little more frequent in winter, but rain is rarely a negative in regards to touring. All of this can be determined with a Google search or a little reading here.

Again, we don't know you, so what cruise might attract you is hard to say. Food is very subjective.

While cruising Hawaii is great, if you have some time, I (and many others here) would recommend a land tour for the "best" way to really enjoy Hawaii. Many Canadians visit Hawaii, particularly in the winter.

My husband & I have been to Hawaii many times but last year we decided to cruise with Celebrity from Honolulu - Vancouver for 10 days in April. We added a week on prior to the cruise in Waikiki. Loved it so much we’re booked again for next year. This will be our 8th cruise on Celebrity..you should check it out....

ty I am thinking in terms of weather and eg storms..I was looking in April. I also like the princess but our last cruise the food was awful so thinking of trying a new line.

I’ve been late November into early December the weather was absolutely perfect. I was on Celebrity and it was very nice. Hawaii is not as available as the Caribbean so we are having to book in Oct of 2019 if we want Carnival or we can go the exact dates we want in Nov on Princess . Carnival has great food and entertainment. I especially love the sea day brunches and the every night comedy club. I’ve heard Princess Star is not that great. Like others have said it’s very subjective. You really can’t pick a bad time for Hawaii. I think you should give Carnival a try, They have really come a long way in their product.

Good luck!

We have sailed the Star and the Crown. The food can be different on each ship.

Our Hawaii cruises were on Sapphire and Ruby, which were/are pretty nice ships.

I would be open to other lines if you are concerned about the food. Food is so subjective. :)

For us, the time of year is a deciding factor, then the ship. DH isn't too fond of having hundreds of kids running around. ;)

Patti