Is this possible with Southwest ?

Tony O

I have travel funds from Southwest available to me that expire next May.I do not have travel plans again until December of next year for my cruise

Can I use my funds book a flight to my destination using these funds and pay the difference and then cancel my flight and use all funds again for December cruise

I don't think that you can do that. When I've tried to do that in the past, the original part of the funds still had the original expiration date, so the only amount that we were really able to use for the later flight were the new funds that we added.

I'm going to piggyback onto your question. I just got a credit for a southwest flight today. I have not yet purchased early bird check in, but wish to. Can I use my funds for that? Thanks.

You can not use travel funds to pay for early bird check in. I wish we could, along with many others!

Also, I saw from TPG today that early-bird is moving to dynamic pricing at the end of the month, it will range from $15-$25, instead of always being $15.