Balcony door open

JimJ54

On the "so called" thermostats in the cabin....red arrows mean heat blue arrows mean cool....I usually set it in the middle...that's as technical as it needs to get :D:D
I set it to cold then my wife turns it to hot then I turn it back to cold then she turns it to hot lol

And if you install a split system you are getting both heating and cooling. I almost typed in HVAC but was not expecting this clarification, I stand corrected.

Air Conditioning is a generalization when used to indicate cooling only.

Conditioning refers to making an area to a state that is comfortable.That is a zone where one can sense no heat or cool. Just comfort and that of course is subjective.eThermostats contain 2 switches in the same box. One for heating and one for cooling. If you want to call each switch a separate thermostat, I suppose you can.

Just because one cabin has its door opened does not affect other temperatures in rooms that have their own thermostat. I'm sure the company wants passengers to think that though.

Most, but not all, split systems are also heat pumps. Split system refers to how the evaporator and condenser are arranged. And actually, most whole house units (versus window units) are split units. Although the term is typically used for the systems where the evaporator is wall mounted and conditions one room.

Even with the single thermostat housing, many units have a switch (manual or electronic) that switches from heating to cooling. it is not automatic.

As for your last sentence, you need to read the link in post 4.

Ship systems are two separate systems that run at the same time. One for just the room, and the second for a block of rooms (that also controls room pressurization). And leaving your balcony door open DOES affect other cabins.