Cunard newbie - QM2 to singapore: roll call & more questions

soraya

Hi there,

We did a short Cunard cruise on the QV to Hamburg and loved it - I think Host hattie was on at the same time! We had such a great time that we've booked Southampton to Singapore leaving on 10 January 2019.

I can see a full world cruise roll call but don't want to gatecrash it, and I can see Southampton to Dubai and Dubai to Hong Kong. I did create a roll call but no replies. Is the Singapore option just not a popular one?

Also, can anyone point me toward and daily info for this cruise from the last year or so, I can only find transatlantic info.

And Lastly, can anyone say how many formal nights there will be? The Cunard planner goes up to the cruise before ours and I need to have an excuse to buy frocks :)

Thanks

That was a great trip wasn't it ? I had heard very negative comments about the short trips but we loved it.

World Cruise and segment roll calls can be tricky. I haven't been on one and I can understand the problem of feeling that you are gatecrashing but if the alternative is having a new roll call on each segment those doing the full cruise will spend a lot of time repeating themselves.

How do previous full world cruisers/segment cruisers feel ?

I think there are likely a few of us who are not doing the full cruise - we are on board 19.2.19-11.3.19 Hong Kong to Singapore. Have had some useful information/advice and have joined others in booking group trips so definitely worth signing up.

Hattie - it was the shortest trip we've ever done and I had some reservations having heard about stag/hen night booze cruises on other lines, but I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was so relaxed - my coeliac DH was converted to Cunard the instant that they said that gluten free afternoon tea was no problem!

Pear Carr: Brilliant - I'll sign up to the main roll call then - I love the ship and trip info from rolls calls. See you there!