Is your TA knowledgeable about MSC?

shipgeeks

Booking on board will still help that 'helpless' agent. She will by industry standard get that booking. If you don't want that to happen wait until you get home after the welcome back email and go online adding the additional OBC.

That said, on-board booking with MSC has a very generous incentive package, including future changes.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Dennis, will talk and plan onboard and then come home and finish it myself. OBC or not, I don’t want her getting a dime. Found that agent on cruise critic, wish I could post the names and details. I do not want a fight, just riled up at the moment lol. Tomorrow we sail.....

I'd used a TA regularly up until the advent of Voyagers Club when MSC began indicating your level on the tickets. On receiving our travel documents, I noticed that our status wasn't indicated, so I contacted her to ask that she get the tickets re-issued; I explained that the status should be showing on the luggage tags (I'd already done a cruise post Voyagers Club inception). She argued with me that the status would not show on the tags and that she had sold many, many MSC cruises and issued tickets and she KNEW this for a fact. I then emailed her a photo of a luggage tag with the status showing. She duly got the tickets re-issued!

I hadn't used her again until recently when the company she works for put a very nice package together for Armonia next January and I couldn't resist. I'm giving her another chance. I have a couple of issues that I want to take up with her, but I'm waiting 'til we return from our Poesia cruise next month before dealing with her; this will be a litmus test to decide if I use her again or not.

Booking on board will still help that 'helpless' agent. She will by industry standard get that booking. If you don't want that to happen wait until you get home after the welcome back email and go online adding the additional OBC.

Are you saying that if someone who has used a TA to book the cruise they are on book a new cruise onboard automatically will get that booking transfered to their TA?

Isn't the new booking a thing between MSC and the customer?

Are you saying that if someone who has used a TA to book the cruise they are on book a new cruise onboard automatically will get that booking transfered to their TA?

Isn't the new booking a thing between MSC and the customer?

The booking wouldn't automatically transfer, SC. However, a Cruise Consultant once told me that if I booked onboard and subsequently wanted to transfer it to a TA, it would have to be the TA that I had booked (the cruise that I was on) with. ( I've no idea how it works if you've booked the cruise directly with MSC and want to transfer an onboard booking to a TA).

I was told by the FCC on Seaside that the booking did 'automatically' go to the agency on the current sailing. If I wanted to remove them it would be my responsibility to ask the current agent if they would release the booking to either transfer back to MSC or another agent. I know HAL worked the same way.

If others have differing experiences great for them.

Dennis

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I was told by the FCC on Seaside that the booking did 'automatically' go to the agency on the current sailing.

Same happened to my booking onboard Divina. Very strange arrangement considering MSC could have kept the booking and saved a bunch of money not paying commission to TA.