Heathrow Passport Control?

uilleann

Sorry for my flurry of questions..... but we are getting excited about the cruise on 5 Nov.

We are Amerians flying into Heatrow on BA. In the news here it was reported that waiting lines, in Passport Control, for Non-UK (and maybe non-EU) were about 2 1/2 hours.

Is that seasonal? Is it likely to be less in in Late October?

My brother flew into Heathrow last April and he did not notice any real delay.

Unfortunately there is no answer to your question. There has been a lot of press in the British papers about the long queues at Heathrow... for both UK and non EU citizens. The aim is 45 minutes. After years of going back and forth at different times of the year, I can say while summer queues are traditionally longer there isn’t a huge bit of difference during the year. I would plan on at least 45 and any less is a bonus.

If you are a business or first class passenger, fast track service is available. If not, sadly it is a bit of luck and time of day as to whether the lines are long.

I flew into Heathrow recently and was literally the only person in the non-UK/EU arrivals hall. First flight of the day in at 4.50am. I had 3 agents to choose from. Didn't even need my fast track card.

Next month I get in around lunchtime on a weekend. Fast track will come in handy but I have no doubt it will be some wait. But the worst will be the 2 hour transfer into central London!

2.5 hours is quite normal for foreigners entering the US in for example Miami. Fortunately for you it was a huge exception at Heathrow and the peak of the annual tourist season... between 7 and 9 am. If you’re flying in late October you should be fine. 30 minutes or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have never had a wait that long at Heathrow even when not using the Fast Track. at most 35 to 40 minutes. If you are flying on BA you will likely come into Terminal 5, which is the best in the airport. You should have no problem in November. You didn't say what time you arrive, but there is a glut of early morning arrivals from the Western Hemisphere and that will be the slowest time of the day around 7 am. Later in the morning should be easy.