Group Discounts on MSC

FFSaver

I'm trying to organize a group cruise on the MSC Meraviglia on Christmas 2019. It would be around 9 to 10 staterooms. I contacted MSC directly and an online cruise travel agent to get a quote and see what type of perks they will give to the group. MSC said no perks since it's a Christmas cruise and the travel agent said there is an "one hour cocktail party (requires a minimum of 8 cabins to qualify)". Besides the group 1-hr cocktail party, there is theGroup Leader Amenity (requires a minimum of 8 cabins to qualify) For every 8 cabins to sail, the Group Leader (you) will earn one Tour Conductor Credit (TC). The TC is a Cash Rebate paid to you about 30 to 45 days after the completion of the cruise. The value of that TC is one guest’s NET cruise fare based on the least expensive category that you have the most cabins booked in.

Do you know if other travel agents will give onboard credits or better discounts for groups?

One of the benefits with groups is that the price is locked in, so as the rate changes you are protected until the cabins that are not sold in your group block are recalled. The day the rate is locked in with your group contract, the price may be the same as prevailing,but that is your rate even it the the standard rate increases.

Sent from my iPad using Forums