1st Time on MSC

FraudBroad

My sweeet mamma and I will be sailing MSC for the first time in February on the Divina. We are Platinum on NCL and Elite on Princess and are excited to try a new line. We were thrilled to learn about the Status Match program and will both have a black card.

What tips cann you share with us about sailing MSC and specifically the Divina. Some of our questions:

What is the evening dress code? Are jeans allowed?

When do we find out what dinning time we've been assigned? Will we know before we go or once we get on the ship?

Which speciality restaurants do you recommend and why?

Where the best place to relax outside away from the crowds?

How is the Thermal Suite?

Is it possible to find a list of the wines included with the 7 bottle wine package (we'd like to pre-purchase)?

Is it customary to tip above and beyond the daily gratuity charges?

Any and all info is welcomed. Excited to try a new line!

I can answer some of your questions. Dining time depends on your catagory. You can call and ask for a dining time if available. Jeans are fine if not torn, including fashion jeans that come pre torn. MSC doesn't recommend additional tipping, but i do anyway. My own choice. You don't have to, and it's not expected. If you are in the YC, as I was on our last cruise, then I tip the butler, concierge, and steward extra. I don't think they get the daily service charge, but I don't really know. Again, in the YC I tipped the Head waiter, waiter, and ass't.

If you are in the YC, as I was on our last cruise, then I tip the butler, concierge, and steward extra. I don't think they get the daily service charge, but I don't really know. Again, in the YC I tipped the Head waiter, waiter, and ass't.

As an FYI ... all YC crew members are included in the DSC.

FB - Another NCL defector I see. We sailed Divinia exactly a year ago and it was fabulous (we were in YC though).

Ship is beautiful, seemed less crowded all around vs. NCL mega ships. There is an aft adults only area and pool with bar right there. Port side there is smoking, other side not. That area is also close to the water slide although not the most thrilling.

Also a covered pool area with good size pool.

Pizza at buffet was great.