Room Service Breakfast for 2 rooms

RaeRae81

Hi all, We will be cruising the Carnival Conquest 9/23 and have one balcony room and one interior room across the hall from each other for my husband and I, our 3 year old daughter and my mother. Our daughter will ideally sleep with grammy, but we'll see what happens.:):) We plan on getting room service for breakfast most mornings and eat all together in the balcony room. My question is would it be better to just place the entire order for all 4 of us on that room service card so it is all delivered to the room we'll be eating in or should we split the order between the rooms and just carry the tray(s) over. It is only across the hall. It's not a huge deal to carry over, but I do want to make sure we get our food at close to the same time. It's my first time in a group with multiple rooms, so info is welcome! Thanks in advance!

I'd put it all on one menu card.

If you find the space too confining as balcony cabins are not spacious but the fresh air is lovely, you could always order coffee and continental breakfast items to wake up with and then hit the lido or mdr for hot items after you are up and going. We have done this before. Coffee and a croissant on your balcony is nice way to start the day. :)

Thanks all! Sounds like putting it all on one room service card is the way to go. We're not fancy, we'll just be on the balcony and beds or seating with casual fare, plates in lap or side table enjoying the views and family time. We may be doing second breakfast in MDR or Lido too sometimes as suggested above - hubby and LO like their food!! I just love the wake up call of an almost breakfast in bed scenario!

I’m going to make a suggestion - having traveled for years exactly as you are.

We had had room service delivered for the 4 of us in our balcony if we had a especially early excursion or for a special morning like Christmas. The trays take up a lot of space, depending on how much you order, and you are pretty much tripping over each other. Plus you end up with crumbs on the bed, couch, floor etc. all and all...it’s a mess.

We have learned that using the MDR is the way to go. Everyone gets a hot meal if they want it - my sons love having hot cocoa brought to them - and DH can pound the coffee til his light bulb flickers and stays on. The menu is so varied now for breakfast - with sea days having another delicious menu with kid friendly items like fruit loops crusted French toast or more adult steak and eggs. It is a much much more relaxing way to start the day. It’s actually easier to throw on shorts, T-shirt and flip flops and walk to breakfast than it is to deal with room service. You can always return to the room after to brush teeth, put on a swimsuit etc. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...We have learned that using the MDR is the way to go. Everyone gets a hot meal if they want it - my sons love having hot cocoa brought to them .../quote]

Agree completely. And you aren't sitting in your room waiting for the breakfast arrive and just getting up and going to the DR is a great way to get your "light bulbs flickering"

BTW, if you want you can still call for a simple coffee service while the slower folks are still looking for their flip flops.