Steakhouse Attire

chasinraynbowz

No, shorts are not acceptable.

From the Steakhouse webpage, the dress is either Cruise Casual or Cruise Elegant. This is Cruise Casual:

What’s Cruise Casual?

For the ladies — Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, jeans (no cut-offs).

For the gentlemen — Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), collared sport shirts.

The only way he'd get away with shorts, maybe, is if you could legitimately claim your luggage was lost/late.

Just have him go change into slacks/full length khakis.

No, shorts are not acceptable.

From the Steakhouse webpage, the dress is either Cruise Casual or Cruise Elegant. This is Cruise Casual:

The only way he'd get away with shorts, maybe, is if you could legitimately claim your luggage was lost/late.

Just have him go change into slacks/full length khakis.

That is not entirely correct... the specialty restaurants follow the same attire as the main dining room. For cruise elegant, shorts of any kind are not permitted, but for cruise casual night, dress shorts( longer) are permitted. Cut-off and Jean shorts are not permitted. You will be fine if they are “dress” shorts.

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

While at lunch, I had time to investigate further. Here is what I found:

The Steakhouse

The dress requirements for the Steakhouse follows the dress code specified for the Main Dining Room(s); if the evening is specified as 'Cruise Casual', shorts are not permitted.

So, shorts are NOT permitted even if the evening is specified at "Cruise Casual".

To everyone who helped, thanks!!!!

They do not allow shorts for adults in the Steakhouse(for adults anyway). Last cruise my nephew who is an adult wore a very nice pair of black dress shorts and a collard golf shirt, he was asked to leave and change into pants. Meanwhile a group behind us had a say 10 year old boy in shorts and were allowed into the steakhouse to dine.

I have worn shorty in the steakhouse before, and in the MDR and not on the first day either.

As long as you dont look like you just came from the gym you can go in.

If you are one that hates others wearing shorts while they eat then just dont look at them and go about your vacation and let others go about theirs.

LOL, so there really isn't an answer. I guess it depends on the ship. Thanks everyone for your help. I will show my DH this and let him know we will pack him a pair of pants in our carry on just in case.

For what its worth, we have had our luggage show up well after dinner a few times, so I can't just assume it will be there beforehand.

Thanks all for your help!!! :D

Well, the answer is that according to the posted rules, shorts are not acceptable attire.

Getting away with breaking a rule because either the staff didn't care to make a fuss or some other reason doesn't mean the rule doesn't exist. I'm sure everyone on this forum goes the speed limit or less at all times, for example...

So just be prepared to be called out on it. Or avoid the issue by wearing long pants to begin with.

I tend to board the first day wearing full-length khakis so that I don't have to worry about changing, but YMMV on that, of course.

Well, the answer is that according to the posted rules, shorts are not acceptable attire.

Getting away with breaking a rule because either the staff didn't care to make a fuss or some other reason doesn't mean the rule doesn't exist. I'm sure everyone on this forum goes the speed limit or less at all times, for example...

So just be prepared to be called out on it. Or avoid the issue by wearing long pants to begin with.

I tend to board the first day wearing full-length khakis so that I don't have to worry about changing, but YMMV on that, of course.

Oh, we won't have a problem. As I said, we will be packing him a pair of pants and he can change before we go to dinner. ;)

personally, id rather eat my steak with shorts on thats just me. panst get all tight when you stuff your face. And im going tear right out of them as soon as im done eating anyway. Food baby wont allow me to breath with pants on.

I'll be on a ship soon, i'll take some pants, but i wish i didnt have to.

I've seen them in jeans and t-shirts and shorts a t shirt in the steakhouse.carnival wants your 38 dollars a head and the staff wants another tip so they apparently don't care.the wife and I dressed up and felt out of place.we don't do steak house anymore plus my wife won't eat raw meat.so it's out.

personally, id rather eat my steak with shorts on thats just me. panst get all tight when you stuff your face. And im going tear right out of them as soon as im done eating anyway. Food baby wont allow me to breath with pants on.

I'll be on a ship soon, i'll take some pants, but i wish i didnt have to.

so, you buy shorts that fit correctly, but your long pants are too small?:confused: :confused::confused:

I've seen them in jeans and t-shirts and shorts a t shirt in the steakhouse.carnival wants your 38 dollars a head and the staff wants another tip so they apparently don't care.the wife and I dressed up and felt out of place.we don't do steak house anymore plus my wife won't eat raw meat.so it's out.

Jeans are specifically allowed, and always have been - even when they were supper clubs.

"Jeans allowed on Cruise Casual evenings."

On the miracle the week of August 26, our friend made the reservations for our group of 8. When they called to confirm with her and they told her on this particular night, shorts for men and ladies were acceptable! That's a first for us. So, we all wore shorts, nice ones and guys wore collared polo shirts and ladies nice blouses. It was nice to do it. Never been on the first night, but in the MDR you see anything.

Copied & pasted from my steakhouse confirmation e-mail:

• Cruise Casual Dress Code
  • Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

• Cruise Elegant Dress Code
  • Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire.

We have reservations for the steakhouse on the first night and I know they are a bit more relaxed that night on what you wear. My hubby will be wearing khaki shorts when we board. Will those be acceptable in the steakhouse that first night?

TIA!!

No shorts in the steakhouse.

Ok so if i eat at the steak house and head to the club, do they allow shorts there or do i have to stay in pants?

Shorts are fine at that point. It is only the MDR and Steakhouse (not sure about other pay venues) that on elegant night do not allow shorts (and steakhouse all the time).

On the miracle the week of August 26, our friend made the reservations for our group of 8. When they called to confirm with her and they told her on this particular night, shorts for men and ladies were acceptable! That's a first for us. So, we all wore shorts, nice ones and guys wore collared polo shirts and ladies nice blouses. It was nice to do it. Never been on the first night, but in the MDR you see anything.

We cruised the Miracle the end of May and I was one of 2 guys in the Steakhouse wearing long pants. The other 5 guys had cargo shorts, tees, caps, and 1 even had a wifebeater.

The Miracle was the 1st Steakhouse I've been on that allowed this type of dress, and I've eaten in every Steakhouse on the Conquest, Dream and Vista class ships, some multiple times. On any other ship those guys would have been either turned away or asked to "re-dress" their attire.

The Miracle Steakhouse is also open to the atrium, and we were bombarded with the noise from the name that tune and sing along karaoke or whatever to the point that made it difficult to have a conversation. There are several reasons why I won't sail the Miracle again and this is one of them.