Carnival Cheers! Progam Rules

Kemery

Or one could take the attitude that the first time at a bar, I will tip that extra bit. If service is not up to par, the extra tip gets smaller or disappears. Oddly enough, I've not had that happen yet - they are usually very eager to get my next drink and make sure it isn't weak.

This is what I do.

Laura

Because there are bars or times where it's easier to find Bigfoot than a server. ;p

I usually assume it's because they want to avoid giving a tip to the server. On my Breeze cruise I had a walk up in the comedy club sneeze in my beer and try to act like he didn't do it.

I have never had an issue buying myself and my gf drinks without her present through cheers and this is mainly how we buy drinks. You'll be fine, I'm sure it shows the cabin number when they scan the card, as long as you're both in the same cabin I'm sure it will never be an issue

I usually assume it's because they want to avoid giving a tip to the server. On my Breeze cruise I had a walk up in the comedy club sneeze in my beer and try to act like he didn't do it.

Ewww, well some people are just ill-mannered.

In the venues where there are servers, like the comedy club, we let them get our drinks and tip $1 a drink.

Officially no, he can't. What others get away with may or may not work for you.

Officially? Can you provide this in writing. Tipping might not be necessary, but it is appreciated. After the second day the Serenity bartender did not even ask for our cards, he had our folio memorized. the only problem was week 2, he needed to see our new folio number. the first day of the second B2B people were surprised when the bartender addresses us by name and asked if we wanted our usual?

Edited by coevan
sp

I've seen bartenders refuse service if the cardholder isn't there. The reason was that they needed to name sure the person wasn't too intoxicated. Bartender said they could get in trouble for serving someone who was obviously too inebriated.

On the other hand, I have seen DRUNKS being given drink after drink who could barely stand.

The rule does not allow you to use your card and your spouses card with him not there to get both drinks. The rule is both have to be present. Now you people say by "giving tips" should mean bribe not tip the bartender into breaking the rules. I say go for it as I get my wife drinks with her not there but I do not pay any bribes. Usually by the 3rd time the bartender knows my name and drinks I will be getting. So break those rules I say.;)

We pay a huge tip at end of cruise when we order last drink. That is a tip not a bribe.

I have never had an issue using my wife's card on Carnival or RCI to purchase a drink. Granted, I always tuck a $1 bill under my seapass card and am rarely asked to sign the receipt. Developing a bit of rapport with staff goes a long way.

The rule does not allow you to use your card and your spouses card with him not there to get both drinks. The rule is both have to be present. Now you people say by "giving tips" should mean bribe not tip the bartender into breaking the rules. I say go for it as I get my wife drinks with her not there but I do not pay any bribes. Usually by the 3rd time the bartender knows my name and drinks I will be getting. So break those rules I say.;)

We pay a huge tip at end of cruise when we order last drink. That is a tip not a bribe.

What rule? I asked Blerk One the same question, can you please post something from Carnival. A tip is not a bribe it is a gratuity for services rendered.

Related question... There was another post about being able to get two coffees at one time by taking the spouses sign and sail card. I would imagine this being very handy when we are getting ready in the morning. I tend to awake earlier and could run to get coffee and then he could get us refills of the good stuff when I am showering and getting ready. Have people found this to be easier at the coffee shop then the bar?

Just got off a Carnival cruise on 9/9. Was behind a gentleman who ordered 2 coffees at 7 am and only had his S&S card with Cheers. The server looked up his wife's card and he was on his way. Did take some time to look it up about 5 mins because she had to go through a lot of names before he said that's my wife. So please have the other card with you or the FOLIO number.

BUT if I tipped bartender a few times and basically said 'my wife is playing a game so cant come to the bar' I should be ok right?

;p

OK Harry....if 15 is not enough for you, then switch to either Long Island Iced teas or Foster's Oil Cans @ 25 oz. 15 of either of these drinks should do the trick for you.