Carnival Bus from Airport

TNGirlMom

I don't know what the Carnival shuttle costs, but we used Uber to go back & forth in Ft. Lauderdale. It was not very expensive - it's not far to the port.

As far as making the 10am shuttle, it pretty much would depend on whether the flight is on time, whether you checked luggage and how fast it comes out.

Our experience in Miami with Carnival's shuttle is that it waited to fill up before it left & ended up being 2 hours before we actually made it to port - 45 minutes of that was standing outside in the summer heat.

I took the bus once from Miami and checked in at the airport. We waited in line (inside) an hour to check in but then went straight onboard once transported to port. Once we were checked in we didn't wait long for transport. I personally like the assurance of knowing it's taken care of (and paid for). It stresses me out to have to depend on details at the last minute. I have always taken Carnival transport to the airport (when flying).

We are flying into FLL and our flight is scheduled to land at 9:30 but the first bus leaves at 10. Would that give us enough time to make it to the bus? The next bus isn't until 11. Our cruise is leaving from Port Everglades.

I use the buses frequently. It may or may not be there at 10 am and the next one may or may not be at 11 am. I could take a taxi. Even better than Uber/Lyft since they are stacked up and cost is minor.

Uber and Lyft need to be ordered on your phone. They can not wait like taxis and usually in a different pick up area.

" It stresses me out to have to depend on details at the last minute."

not quite sure what this means, Uber is about as stress less as it gets. You know the exact price in advance, the driver's name and the kind of car he or she is driving, and they arrive within minutes. Obviously you never rode with Uber.

We are flying into FLL and our flight is scheduled to land at 9:30 but the first bus leaves at 10. Would that give us enough time to make it to the bus?

Factor in any fight delay, the time to taxi on the tarmac in FLL, taxiing to the gate, disembarking the plane, and waiting for checked luggage, then no, you will definitely not make the 10:00 shuttle and may not make the 11:00 shuttle neither.

The next bus isn't until 11. Our cruise is leaving from Port Everglades.

FLL and Port Everglades are about a 15 minute ride from each other.

Taxis are plentiful right outside the terminal and cost less than $20, which includes a gratuity if you so choose, for the whole car.

In my opinion, it is not worth the cost per person, the wait for the shuttle to fill up, nor the stress of worrying if I'll make the 10:00 or 11:00 shuttle.

Do you really want to wait an hour or two in the airport for the next shuttle in case the 10:00 or 11:00 leaves without you when you can be at the home port within 15 minutes of stepping into a taxi?

Uber and Lyft need to be ordered on your phone. They can not wait like taxis and usually in a different pick up area.

"It stresses me out to have to depend on details at the last minute."

not quite sure what this means, Uber is about as stress less as it gets. You know the exact price in advance, the driver's name and the kind of car he or she is driving, and they arrive within minutes. Obviously you never rode with Uber.

For those not comfortable with Lyft or Uber, taxis are plentiful at the airport.

I would also suggest Urber.

The one time I did use the Carnival bus was when we had our family reunion on a cruise. About 1/3 bus was our family coming in on flights within a hour of each other. That bus didn't leave for awhile.

The other group of our family had Carnival air and the flight from DTW to MIA had a bus full of Carnival air and was arriving late. When they got off the plane,got luggage ,then bus,that group was the last on board. After that one of uncles do nothing but their bus

We are flying into FLL and our flight is scheduled to land at 9:30 but the first bus leaves at 10. Would that give us enough time to make it to the bus? The next bus isn't until 11. Our cruise is leaving from Port Everglades.

I’ve always just taken a taxi from FLL to my hotel on 17th St, which is right there at port entrance, and it only took about 10 minutes and cost $15. Heading into port may cost a little more, but I would not book a shuttle to just go that short distance. Taxi is fine. I’ve never used Uber, but plenty of people swear by it as being the best. We are senior citizens and old school, so I can’t advise on price of Uber.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why book a Carnival bus when you can take a taxi or lyft to the port and you will save $$$. There is no way to make a 1000 bus if your plane lands at 930.

The one advantage of the Carnival bus over Uber is that as soon as you hand in the luggage, you don't see it until inside your stateroom. You also stroll through the terminal as you are already checked in. If you use another form of transport you must schlep your bags to the porters and finish the check in process inside the terminal (sometimes outside).

The one advantage of the Carnival bus over Uber is that as soon as you hand in the luggage, you don't see it until inside your stateroom. You also stroll through the terminal as you are already checked in. If you use another form of transport you must schlep your bags to the porters and finish the check in process inside the terminal (sometimes outside).
That is in no way worth the added cost. It isn't that hard to give luggage to a porter.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

You need to move your luggage from where the bus drivers unload it to the porters. If you walk away, the bus drivers will leave it sitting.

I have taken the Carnival shuttle buses from many of the airports to my Port of Call including out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. They are incredibly well organized and move folks efficiently and effectively. You can't go wrong and if something does CARNIVAL has your back. I look at it as the start of my carefree vacation