Shuttle from San Diego cruiseport to airport

Bev

Hi

There are eight of us travelling together on a Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal cruise, arriving in San Diego early in October. We have booked an 11:50 am flight so, to be sure we can travel together and get to the airport with plenty of time for check in, we think it would be a good idea to use a shuttle service.

I have four quotes to transfer all 8 of us and up to 2 pieces of luggage each - Advanced Shuttle ($59), Prime Time Shuttle ($66), Go Airport Shuttle ($66) and Airport Shuttles ($291).

Does anyone have any information about these companies, e.g. reliability that they'll show up as planned, to help choose one?

Thanks for your help with this.

Bev

Right off the bat I would eliminate the $291 shuttle. Good grief! The port and airport are so close to one another. They're charging you over $30 per person. Are they sending a separate vehicle for each of you?

Roz

I wouldn't suggest walking but the cruise port and airport are barely 3miles from each other. I wouldn't book anything for that short distance.

I'd just walk outside and get a taxi or use the app on your phone to call an Uber or Lyft car.

Taxi will be about $10 so even if you take a few taxis it will be waaaaaay less than the prices you are getting quoted for a "shuttle".

Those aren't bad prices, except for the top one. Taxi is going to cost at least $15 plus tip and won't hold everybody. So probably three taxis. I don't have specific knowledge of any of those. But the cost seems reasonable and I doubt you can go wrong.

NO, you can't walk from the cruise ship pier to the airport, comfortable. I can't imagine anybody doing it with cruise luggage.

I don't think anyone was recommending your group walk to the airport. I think the point that was trying to be made was that it's a short distance. I doubt the walkers were 80 yrs. old with 2 suitcases! ;)

Roz

Hi

There are eight of us travelling together on a Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal cruise, arriving in San Diego early in October. We have booked an 11:50 am flight so, to be sure we can travel together and get to the airport with plenty of time for check in, we think it would be a good idea to use a shuttle service.

I have four quotes to transfer all 8 of us and up to 2 pieces of luggage each - Advanced Shuttle ($59), Prime Time Shuttle ($66), Go Airport Shuttle ($66) and Airport Shuttles ($291).

Does anyone have any information about these companies, e.g. reliability that they'll show up as planned, to help choose one?

Thanks for your help with this.

Bev

It's been a couple of years, but I can highly recommend Prime Time shuttle. They were dependable, kept communication going & were very friendly. Look up their reviews wherever you can find them. I envy you. We cruised the Canal on the Infinity & loved every minute! Did the exact same direction. Shame you are missing Cabo. That was a highlight!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Did you check out SuperShuttle for a private (non-shared) van?

According to their website, they have a private van for 6 passengers (not 8) that would run $49, or a shared one for 4 people (you could book two) for $29. I use SuperShuttle all the time in San Diego when I am flying out of there.

• 3 weeks later...