Top ranked cruise lines for 2014

S.S.Oceanlover

This makes me wonder how much longer we have with Carnival. After awhile, they'll either be gone completely or will have phased out all the things that made us love Carnival to begin with. It will be a fleet of business hotels.

Very strong points. Carnival: The Hotel Ships. You can tell from the exterior that they care not for exterior design whereas other cruise lines (not all) have truly beautiful ships. Carnivals are just decks of rooms slapped on top of each other.

I don't think Carnival will vanish but I do think, based off of historical events and trends, that Carnival will emerge as a true budget-online cruise line for those who need the cheapest cruise experience possible. The MDRs will slowly be phased out as will the entertainment (Oh wait...thats already happening)

Very strong points. Carnival: The Hotel Ships. You can tell from the exterior that they care not for exterior design whereas other cruise lines (not all) have truly beautiful ships. Carnivals are just decks of rooms slapped on top of each other.

I don't think Carnival will vanish but I do think, based off of historical events and trends, that Carnival will emerge as a true budget-online cruise line for those who need the cheapest cruise experience possible. The MDRs will slowly be phased out as will the entertainment (Oh wait...thats already happening)

Just what happened to the things that made cruising, cruising. All of the things that made me fall in love with Carnival are being phased out. I don't like the way Gerry Cahill is moving the line into an area where I don't want Carnival to be!

You can tell from the exterior that they care not for exterior design whereas other cruise lines (not all) have truly beautiful ships. Carnivals are just decks of rooms slapped on top of each other.

/QUOTE]

You are actually pretty funny.:D You are joking right?

One of Carnival's strong points. I know what to expect when I set foot on Carnival and with the branding, even more so.

It leads to economies of scale others can only envy, and prices impossible for others to meet or beat long term.

The demographic that Carnival is after hasn't changed, it is just that some have aged out of it.

I am pretty funny - but I was being serious. Princess and RCCL - to name a two - have beautiful ships.

They are, they are white and big and pretty....wait so is Carnival's. It must be the funnel that is the difference, right:confused: What was that other thing...decks slapped together.....:cool:

I am pretty funny - but I was being serious. Princess and RCCL - to name a two - have beautiful ships.

Doesn't Princess have those flat afts? They look like cliffs....I don't like them. :eek: JMO

I like the looks of Disney, but can't justify the price tag. I love the whale tail...screams FUN.

One of Carnival's strong points. I know what to expect when I set foot on Carnival and with the branding, even more so.

It leads to economies of scale others can only envy, and prices impossible for others to meet or beat long term.

The demographic that Carnival is after hasn't changed, it is just that some have aged out of it.

Why would other lines want to match Carnivals prices when people are willing to pay more?

Bill

Price is still the number one factor when searching for a cruise.

But it is not the only factor. People are always hunting for a bargain when grocery shopping and getting other house hold items - but not everyone goes to WalMart. Likewise - you can get the same prices at other stores. If you want a quality item then you go elsewhere. Same as a cruise

CCL is the largest cruise line in the world and their brands didn't fare so well on that survey. Limited amount of people surveyed or not - Carnival is THE largest cruise operator in the world. Sample size be damned.

This survey means absolutely nothing.

There are so many variables that come into play, who knows what criteria yahoo uses to come up with the results. One thing is for sure, the Triumph situation didn't help things.

But it is not the only factor. People are always hunting for a bargain when grocery shopping and getting other house hold items - but not everyone goes to WalMart. Likewise - you can get the same prices at other stores. If you want a quality item then you go elsewhere. Same as a cruise

The majority of people do their shopping at Walmart, Target etc. those places offer good deals and great products. Same as a cruise.

All modern ships have 6 + decks of nothing but cabins..... this is nothing exclusive to Carnival.:confused:

Edited by cjknox

The majority of people do their shopping at Walmart, Target etc. those places offer good deals and great products. Same as a cruise.

Walmart = Carnival

Target = RCCL / NCL.

Huge difference between the shoppers in both stores.

This survey means absolutely nothing.

There are so many variables that come into play, who knows what criteria yahoo uses to come up with the results. One thing is for sure, the Triumph situation didn't help things.

So many variables and several different categories - and Carnival bombed all of them.

All cruise lines have lots to offer.

Have realized that we should be playing the field and not limiting ourselves to any one of them.

Married to my wife not Carnival or any other cruise lines.

Will we still cruise on Carnival? Of course but we will be looking around more and want to start on our bucket list of places around the world we would like to get to.

So many variables and several different categories - and Carnival bombed all of them.
i think I can hear the sobbing all the way from Miami. Wait that was laughing because surveys count for diddly. Enjoy the gloating.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

What is exclusive to Carnival is the dull, boring look of the ship in general. RCCL's balconies are beautiful.

I can't tell if you're really serious or just being sophomoric ........:confused:

Edited by cjknox