Noro on Libery of Seas Now

jc foster

We sail Sunday and Just received Email that due to Noro outbreak the ship will have an extensive cleaning and not to arrive at port before 2:00 pm. I know this is a routine deal and yes we have been thru this before but it kind of takes away from the experience and excitement.

We sail Sunday and Just received Email that due to Noro outbreak the ship will have an extensive cleaning and not to arrive at port before 2:00 pm. I know this is a routine deal and yes we have been thru this before but it kind of takes away from the experience and excitement.

This may seem funny, but i treat every ship as if it has NORO on it. I always wash my hands, I always use the sanitizer. With all the pigs that eat their way through the buffet shoving food in their mouth and then grabbing the next serving utensil ... I just figure. You have to be super cautious.

So many people I have seen leave the bathroom without washing their hands. Some people are just Gross.

so ... I assume I am already at a disadvantage and wash and sanitize my hands all they time. And.. then.... hope for the best.

This may seem funny, but i treat every ship as if it has NORO on it. I always wash my hands, I always use the sanitizer. With all the pigs that eat their way through the buffet shoving food in their mouth and then grabbing the next serving utensil ... I just figure. You have to be super cautious.

So many people I have seen leave the bathroom without washing their hands. Some people are just Gross.

so ... I assume I am already at a disadvantage and wash and sanitize my hands all they time. And.. then.... hope for the best.

We get on with Lysol spray and wipes!!! Everything in the room gets a good wipe down or sprayed, including the floor!!!

Not sure how or why it would????....K.O.:confused:

That happened to us on our first Explorer cruise - we were told embarkation would be delayed. As it turned out, after several hundred passengers decided to go into town and return later, they opened up boarding! We were practically first on, and the ship was sparkling clean. :)

My only advice is be careful about the railings and handrails - they will have been and will continue to be cleaned with a bleach solution and it can ruin clothes.

We get on with Lysol spray and wipes!!! Everything in the room gets a good wipe down or sprayed, including the floor!!!

Thanks for the reminder. I have to make a final Walmart run tonight. I already had my clorox wipes packed but I will grab a can of Lysol. And I'm just as excited to have a week away with my Sweetie with no deadlines hanging over us.;)

I have been on ships with noro outbreaks before. I always wash my hands and use sanitizer. I avoid the buffet also because too many people handle the food there and breath all over it. I have been fortunate not to have caught it. At night late I have seen crew in the hallways spraying the walls and doors of the cabins. The stewards give the cabins extra cleaning as well. Just wash your hands and try not to use the public restrooms on board. If you must, keep your towel you dry your hands with to open the door. There is usually a try bin right next to the door.

I don't eat anything directly with my hands, I always use a knife and fork.

I don't eat the rolls at dinner and if you ever see anybody eating a muffin in the windjammer with a knife and fork that would be me.

You never know what you touch that could be infected.

And never touch you face with your hands

besides the Lysol spray and wipes I also bring my own Anti-bacterial hand soap for my bathroom. I figure every little bit helps.

I heard on the news tonight that they are removing antibacterial hand soap from the shelves because of a couple of chemicals have proven harmful but hand sanitizer is still okay.

Such a bummer! We were on Liberty last week and the captain made the comment what a good job everyone was doing staying healthy and washing our hands every time he made an announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes just one person to bring the bug on board and it spreads very quickly.

That delay will make sure your experience and excitement will extend throughout the cruise. Enjoy!

You can thank all the dirty people.