The Upgrade Fairy Missed Landing

1ANGELCAT

Just checked my luggage tag and have a cabin assigned for the OSDM crossing on 11/3 .

I had booked an HH guarantee and I have been assigned an H [emoji33]

I've had 2 Upsell offers that weren't good. A new booking was cheaper than the upsell.

Still hoping for a better offer

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've been watching for a possible upsell for the 11/4 crossing, but nothing has arrived yet. I know they typically start sending them out around 10 days prior to sailing, but I'm getting excited and can't wait! We will be happy with the "porch" we have, but it's always nice to have a little more real estate.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Hope the rest of you get either an upgrade or a decent upsell offer.

And if you don't, please don't feel badly. It seems like completely random luck who gets an offer and who doesn't. We've been on a number of cruises where we did not get upsell offers or an upgrade.

Our HAL PCC mentioned to us there is some form of algorithm they use. Unfortunately, not sure what it entails. I remember on our first 7 day sailing with HAL, we were offered an upsell to a Neptune from a VS, but they wanted $500 pp more. We countered with $350, but never heard back. Since then we have been on 4 more HAL cruises, always in a VS, and have never received another upsell. However, now that we are a 3 star, maybe that will improve our upsell chances on our upcoming 11/17 cruise. Fingers crossed as it's 17 days with 10 sea days.

Our HAL PCC mentioned to us there is some form of algorithm they use. Unfortunately, not sure what it entails. I remember on our first 7 day sailing with HAL, we were offered an upsell to a Neptune from a VS, but they wanted $500 pp more. We countered with $350, but never heard back. Since then we have been on 4 more HAL cruises, always in a VS, and have never received another upsell. However, now that we are a 3 star, maybe that will improve our upsell chances on our upcoming 11/17 cruise. Fingers crossed as it's 17 days with 10 sea days.

I did not know you can counter an offer. How many people have had success doing it? Curious as I just got a upgrade offer from SZ Guar to SA-SC.

I did not know you can counter an offer. How many people have had success doing it? Curious as I just got a upgrade offer from SZ Guar to SA-SC.

I have tried countering but never got a response and the cabin went fairly quickly.

We have done several SZ to SA upsells and generally they run about $3-400 for a 7 day cruise. Another way I look at it is to review the current price difference in the "before and after" categories and offer them 1/3 of the difference.

How good was the deal you were offered?

I have tried countering but never got a response and the cabin went fairly quickly.

We have done several SZ to SA upsells and generally they run about $3-400 for a 7 day cruise. Another way I look at it is to review the current price difference in the "before and after" categories and offer them 1/3 of the difference.

How good was the deal you were offered?

Booked 7 night Mexico for $899pp for SZ

Upgrade for select bookings from your Signature Suite (Category SS to SZ)

to the following best available:

Neptune Suite (Category SA to SC) for an additional $399pp USD/$519pp CAD

Currently

Category SC US$1899.00 * per person - Limited time offer

Category SB US$2599.00 * per person

Category SA US$2799.00

Booked 7 night Mexico for $899pp for SZ

Upgrade for select bookings from your Signature Suite (Category SS to SZ)

to the following best available:

Neptune Suite (Category SA to SC) for an additional $399pp USD/$519pp CAD

Currently

Category SC US$1899.00 * per person - Limited time offer

Category SB US$2599.00 * per person

Category SA US$2799.00

IMO, $399 is a decent price for the upsell, IF you get to pick out a good cabin you like. When you call, have the ship's floor plan handy to refer to and know which cabins you would prefer. They normally let me pick the cabin (from a list of vacant ones of course), but you sometimes have to ask them to do so.

Since you are now in a SZ guarantee (thus do not know which cabin you will get - could be great, could be bad), I would really consider the upsell with a known cabin.

Another thing - for about $1300 pp you are getting a Neptune suite for 7 nights (less than $200 pp per night). Thats a great deal IMO.

One more thing - if you want to take the upsell, do it quickly as they go FAST.

Edited by DaveOKC

IMO, $399 is a decent price for the upsell, IF you get to pick out a good cabin you like. When you call, have the ship's floor plan handy to refer to and know which cabins you would prefer. They normally let me pick the cabin (from a list of vacant ones of course), but you sometimes have to ask them to do so.

Since you are now in a SZ guarantee (thus do not know which cabin you will get - could be great, could be bad), I would really consider the upsell with a known cabin.

Another thing - for about $1300 pp you are getting a Neptune suite for 7 nights (less than $200 pp per night). Thats a great deal IMO.

One more thing - if you want to take the upsell, do it quickly as they go FAST.

I took advantage of the upsell/upgrade. They had 1 room with the wrap around balcony. Excited to try out that room.

I took advantage of the upsell/upgrade. They had 1 room with the wrap around balcony. Excited to try out that room.

Congrats on the great deal. We love those aft-wrap cabins, but if you have mobility issues it can be a long walk to the Neptune Lounge and many other locations on the ship. When I was going from the Crows Nest to my deck 5 aft-wrap I often stopped in the Neptune Lounge for a quick snack and short break!

Edited by DaveOKC

I have countered a couple of times and negotiated BUT in both those circumstances, the upsell price was ludicrously high - much higher per day than what you are being offered. My counter was not successful until the upsell offers were on the third round. (That tells you how high they were since no one was biting). Usually, if the price is right, there is no second round of offers for the N.S.

Congrats on the great deal. We love those aft-wrap cabins, but if you have mobility issues it can be a long walk to the Neptune Lounge and many other locations on the ship. When I was going from the Crows Nest to my deck 5 aft-wrap I often stopped in the Neptune Lounge for a quick snack and short break!

The Aft Wrap around cabins been one of those, would like to try it out kind of things. I am glad it all worked out.

Would you say the size of the room is larger,smaller or equal to other Neptune rooms. We are on floor 6. I think it might be larger since it sits back further.

Thanks

Tim

The Aft Wrap around cabins been one of those, would like to try it out kind of things. I am glad it all worked out.

Would you say the size of the room is larger,smaller or equal to other Neptune rooms. We are on floor 6. I think it might be larger since it sits back further.

Thanks

Tim

I have not been in a deck 6 aft wrap, but the deck 4 and 5 ones we were in were a bit smaller than the other Neptunes. Not enough smaller to make a real difference IMO and the great balconies sure make up for this.