meaning of key card color

106f

That's neat. This is the first mention I can recall that changing star status was recognized on that cruise instead of on the next cruise. I wonder if any benefits went with it, like laundry. Yeah right, forget that. :)

Dennis

We were on the same cruise as RM Lincoln. We changed from 2 stars to 3 stars during the voyage. We were very surprised to get new cards and immediately have the 3 star discount. It was a lovely surprise.

This cruise was 48 days. Even though it wasn't sold as a Grand Voyage it certainly felt like it in many ways.

Cheers, Denise

Clearly, what we have here is another way for HAL to make a little more money from cruisers at no additional expense to HAL. Picture the ad

”Choose your own card color, Any color that suits your fancy. Only $25 per cruise.”

I can just see it coming…

Scott & Karen

My first thought was "what has happened to the usual gold coloured cards for Neptune Suites",and that we had been given the wrong type of card.

The cards opened the door to our suite so we were happy.:)

That's neat. This is the first mention I can recall that changing star status was recognized on that cruise instead of on the next cruise. I wonder if any benefits went with it, like laundry. Yeah right, forget that. :)

Dennis

I noticed that too. Seems to hint at a change in policy and procedures unless this was done on one of the longer grand/world voyages where they were supposedly making mid-cruise adjustments.

Yes, this was on our recent 48 night cruise, Tales of the South Pacific. We did not expect it! We received our 4 star pins and a letter in our stateroom on the day our previous tally plus the number of day on the current cruise equaled 200.

The letter said to come to the front desk for new cards. They told me that they do this mid-cruise on "the long cruises" but i don't know what criterion is used for determining what a long cruise is! This was not a Grand Cruise but it did have some aspects in common with a Grand Cruise, not others.

And our new benefits began that day, including a form for laundry service left on our bed. We used priority tender boarding for the last few ports, and the 50% discount on the wine package. m--

My first thought was "what has happened to the usual gold coloured cards for Neptune Suites",and that we had been given the wrong type of card.

The cards opened the door to our suite so we were happy.:)

That's the main thing :)

I'm not surprised. We've had them on tours and more recently at a Mexican resort. Absolutely hate them.

These are quite different. More like a Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't say that would be a whole lot better to us.

I'm not surprised. We've had them on tours and more recently at a Mexican resort. Absolutely hate them.

I don't blame you. There is a reason I don't wear anything on my wrist, including a watch. Especially in hot weather it would be very uncomfortable. The lanyards work great in also keeping your hands free :). Nothing to do with finding things to complain about, just a fact that some of us don't like things around our wrists.