ms Noordam in Juneau June 21, 2017

Scrapnana

Noordam will be in Juneau for the first day of summer. She will be at the CT dock from 1000-2200.

Also in port will be Coral Princess at the FKL dock (0630-1600), Grand Princess at the AJ dock (0800-2100), and Emerald Princess at the AS dock (1430-2315).

The weather forecast is for a few showers early and then overcast the rest of the day. Chance of rain is 50%. The predicted high is 60F/16C and the low is 48F/9C. Sunrise is at 3:49 am and sunset at 10:07 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

I'm a bit surprised at Noordam's path. Isn't she the one who normally docks with her stern to the camera. Could there be a new captain? Special maintenaince?

Roy

Yes, she does, maybe a lifeboat drill [Capt Albert is on board], I wouldn't think that they were painting the SB in this weather.

I had forgotten that this was the ship Captain Albert was on. I think about the time he boarded (within the last 2 weeks) there was also a Captain's switch. Perhaps the new Captain will be more spontaneous in choosing a docking position.

Roy

I'm a bit surprised at Noordam's path. Isn't she the one who normally docks with her stern to the camera. Could there be a new captain? Special maintenaince?

Roy

Capt. Pieter Bos took command 10 days ago, Roy. Could very well be a drill and/or maintenance on one side over the other

Good position (shore-side gangway to break); Make that two meters to come astern due to the overshoot; One "Alaska meter" astern per Drew, the long-time Juneau port agent

Capt/Staff Capt + pilot on the starboard bridge wing