Boston Proper white Travel Pants

baja mama

The microfiber is rather warm and not exactly elegant but practical in the right temperature. White is not a good color for me + travel. The color is my personal magnet for stains. I dress in black pants up and down. Goes with any kind of underwear. ;p

Like Floridiana, I avoid white pants for travel because I'm messy. (and sometimes it's not even my fault! ;-) I did find some super cute white denim ankle length pants at Talbots Outlet last summer ($12) so I brought those on my Asia cruise in Nov/Dec. It was so warm, though - I could have avoided bringing them (I never travel with other denim, so why I thought that would be ok....) I wore them a few times on the ship but not touring during the day or pre/post cruise. I was on Azamara and wanted something for the White Night party....They are a nice opaque, but they're denim - they should be ;p

Like Floridiana, I avoid white pants for travel because I'm messy. (and sometimes it's not even my fault! ;-) I did find some super cute white denim ankle length pants at Talbots Outlet last summer ($12) so I brought those on my Asia cruise in Nov/Dec. It was so warm, though - I could have avoided bringing them (I never travel with other denim, so why I thought that would be ok....) I wore them a few times on the ship but not touring during the day or pre/post cruise. I was on Azamara and wanted something for the White Night party....They are a nice opaque, but they're denim - they should be ;p

Haha as I'm reading this my white linen casual pants are soaking in a bucket of water and oxi clean. Really wasn't thinking yesterday and walked into the yard to play ball with the dogs. Sat on the deck with my husband afterwards and he said " look at the bottom of your pants"😭

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

"Beige" isn't always the correct recommendation for underwear. "Nude for you" is better - because the color that shows least under white pants depends on the color of your skin in the first place.

Can I ask what is the difference between nude and beige?

White pants...love them, but so hard to find a great fit!

My favorite white pants are actually from Old Navy. The sizing is a bit weird (in my opinion)...so I had to try a few pairs in different sizes/lengths to find the best fit, but once I did...they're great. I'm glad I made the effort because I wear them CONSTANTLY. I bought a few spare pairs. :) I wear them full length, roll the bottoms a few times for a more casual look...dress them up/down. I don't find them to be see thru (I wear nude underwear).

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=5083460021002&cid=1086523

My second favorite pair are from the Gap (Best Girlfriend Jeans)...they're denim, but not super thick denim. They're comfy and versatile.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=635877002

I just purchased a pair of really cute chinos from the Gap, in a pretty ivory color and they are TOTALLY see thru - not only the underwear issue, but the inside the pockets...plain as day thru the front of the pants! ARgh! So disappointing! They were really comfy and cute.

Can I ask what is the difference between nude and beige?

Well, if you're a pale skinned Irish American woman or a dark skinned African American, "nude" (skin tone) is going to be VERY different. But beige is always beige.

Here's a nice example of a range of "Nudes" from Target's lingerie lines:

ABV-NewNudes-Header3.jpg?width=940&height=470&ext=.jpg

This variety of nudes is now available more and more - from lipstick options to lingerie to Louboutin heels:hearteyes:

• 3 weeks later...
"nude" (skin tone) is going to be VERY different. But beige is always beige.

There is really no one set definition of beige, or nude, or ecru, or tan or anything similar. People think of different color tones when they hear these colors. But at this point I think everyone understands that something in this color family is generally a better underwear color than white when wearing white pants. ;)