Noordam inside cabin

my husband and I are thinking about booking the Noordam pacific crossing in April. We have never booked an inside cabin, we are thinking about it for this cruise. Can you give advice on the J cabins on the main deck vs I 8049?

Thanks for your input!

Main deck is fine, we love it, however check floor plans you don;t want to be under the Queens Lounge where BB King and dance shows are at night. I don't know about the other cabin

have a great cruise

Terri aka Augie's mom

We had booked that cabin for the Apr.13, 2018 but had to change to an earlier date (Sept, 27/17) We were going to book 1053 on the Main deck, but it wasn 't available so had booked 8049 on the Navigation deck. We have been they are basically the same size. I am sure you will like it. We are in an inside cabin on the Maasdam (584).

on the main deck only book the J cabins with numbers like 3,5, 7 etc they are the starboard side of the ship and not under show lounge. I have read quite a lot about these cabins and Ruth C can tell you more about them too. Look up threads by her and check it out.

@Queenie,

There is a site out there with photos of 8045 on the (sister ship) Zuiderdam. Google 'Zuiderdam 8045' and scroll down to a site that starts whose initials would be CDP if separated into individual words. Page over two clicks using the right arrow below the photo. On the Zuiderdam at least, that cabin has a twin bed size sofa (that is a sofa bed), and it has a backless stool but no chair. (8045 is a Triple on both ships.)

Another site has a few pics of 'noordam 1018' which Google. This site has all the FACTS about HAL. The room is made up for a third or fourth person with a pullman bunk dropping down over the main beds separated as twins. The other extra bed would be a fold out from one half of the wrap-around sofa. This class of cabins has a chair as well as the stool and the longer "L" sofa, and appears to have more open space.

Which you choose will depend on how much time you think you will spend in your room and possibly by how early you like to sleep. At one time we were going to do a transatlantic in (we thought) one of the Super K (or J) cabins on the Nieuw Amsterdam... it was however a guarantee and some of the "I" staterooms on the N.A. are very small with no sofa at all, just a straight-backed chair! yet they are considered 'better' in rank because higher in the ship! I didn't think we would be happy in a room like that for 26 days, so we opted for an oceanview which turned out to be on the Main Deck and near enough to the nightclub to hear (or feel!) the bass. My DH can sleep through almost anything, and I'm a nightowl. The music quit by midnight or so, so it worked out for us... but that was the first and last time booking with a mailorder agency that doesn't let you choose your cabin.