TV Show ... Below Deck

CruiseGal999

Anyone watch this program? I saw it mentioned here on CC but my search didn't show anything.

Wondering if people watch, and what they think.

Although it is yachting and not cruising, it is pretty entertaining. The guests run the gambit of crazy, rude, arrogant, obnoxious, and some are nice. Such hard work these workers go through.

We didn't enjoy Below Deck, but really love two different early morning cruise related TV Shows on Saturday mornings in the US.

Ocean Treks With Jeff Corwin, and The Voyager With Josh Garcia.

These may be off for the summer though.

Not for us. Just more faux-reality tv. The situations are not real, they are created by the producers to make it more interesting. The "guests" are instructed to behave badly as is the "crew". No different from The Kardashians, Real Housewives and other such shows.

Not for us. Just more faux-reality tv. The situations are not real, they are created by the producers to make it more interesting. The "guests" are instructed to behave badly as is the "crew". No different from The Kardashians, Real Housewives and other such shows.

x2. These shows are heavily scripted. About as far from "reality" as you can get. OK if you find them entertaining. Just be aware they are not real.

x2. These shows are heavily scripted. About as far from "reality" as you can get. OK if you find them entertaining. Just be aware they are not real.

Exactly - they are as phony as all other "reality" TV shows - the crew aspect is pretty much "Jersey Shore" on a boat, while the passenger aspect is "Real Housewives" of wherever - also on a boat.

Exactly - they are as phony as all other "reality" TV shows - the crew aspect is pretty much "Jersey Shore" on a boat, while the passenger aspect is "Real Housewives" of wherever - also on a boat.

Pretty sure most of us know this. It is entertainment and nothing wrong with enjoying entertainment. Isn't that what most of TV is all about? I actually would love to see more of the destinations. Croatia looks amazing, as does Greece. :cool:

We didn't enjoy Below Deck, but really love two different early morning cruise related TV Shows on Saturday mornings in the US.

Ocean Treks With Jeff Corwin, and The Voyager With Josh Garcia.

These may be off for the summer though.[/quot]

I agree a ougt Ocan Treks, the few gtimes I saw it, I enjoyed seeing places/ports we had visited.

Below Deck is so contrived, iMO . I watched a couple of made no effort to ever watch again.

Pretty sure most of us know this. It is entertainment and nothing wrong with enjoying entertainment. Isn't that what most of TV is all about? I actually would love to see more of the destinations. Croatia looks amazing, as does Greece. :cool:

OK I'll keep you to your word that "It is entertainment and nothing wrong with enjoying entertainment" when I start a thread next spring complaining that they don't show Curling on my cabin TV on my next cruise!

It will be :lips-sealed: for you ;p

OK I'll keep you to your word that "It is entertainment and nothing wrong with enjoying entertainment" when I start a thread next spring complaining that they don't show Curling on my cabin TV on my next cruise!

It will be :lips-sealed: for you ;p

Hahahahaha.....well, for one....if you are on a cruise in your cabin, watching "curling", then you have a MUCH bigger problem!!!!!! :')

Of course it is! The scenery is gorgeous. The guests are funny ... sometimes. It's entertaining. I didn't think there were REALLY six people getting together in a coffee shop in NY and being filmed on every move, but Friends was a HUGE hit on TV for 10 years. Because it was funny .... and entertaining.

I watch below deck and the below deck Mediterranean version. It is entertaining.

Me too! It's not meant to be a documentary - its entertainment

We've enjoyed all the series so far

Good to see Melia getting her comeuppance at last

Heavily scripted? It's totally scripted. The yachts are chartered by the production company. The production company places "passengers" onboard. The whole show is totally fake.