Best beaches

BubbaEugene

We are leaving on Jewel of the Seas in January for a southern Caribbean cruise. Any ideas on the best beaches to go to on each stop? Any additional info would also be helpful about that cruise. Thanks:cool:

It would also help if you told us your itinerary.

Sorry, I'm new to this site. Ports of call- St. Croix, St Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Grenada Thanks for the help

We are TOTAL beach people so I will tell you our favorites:

St Croix - not our favorite place - but go to Sandcastle, about 15 minutes from the port, about $25 for 2 chairs/umbrellas. Nice clean place

SMX - without a doubt unless you have little kids - ORIENT Beach. Best people watching place ever. We always sit at Orange Crush, about $20 for 2 chairs/umbrella and 2 drinks.

Barbados - ACCRA beach, so gorgeous. White sand, just beautiful. Have the cab drop you at the public area, not the TIKI HUT. Chairs/umbrella about $20. Locals sell food out of their cars, so good. Bar right there. Amazing boardwalk that is a mile long if you want a great walk..

Grenada. Grand Anse beach without a doubt. Take a taxi to get there, not the water taxi. Coming back, take the water taxi, it is $5 per person. If I remember right, about $18 for 2 chairs/umbrella. Awesome beach. There is a spice market there so you can walk through that if you want. Just a beautiful beach

St Maarten - as other posts, Maho for the aircraft (google uTube Maho) or Orient for beach and facilities. By bus or taxi.

Dominica - IIRC the beaches there are black volcanic. Not my favourite port.

Barbados - pretty-well any west coast beach, tho some are better than others for snorkelling turtles. By taxi.

Grenada - Grand Anse beach, though it's a long narrow crowded beach. Drinks service to your lounger. I'm intrigued why karena1 says water taxi back but not water taxi to. I'm a cheapskate & it's cheaper to get return tickets on the water-taxi. If Grand Anse is a bit too busy for you, get a taxi from there to the next beach along - sorry, I forget its name.

JB :)

Edit. "snorkelling turtles". I think I missed out a word.:rolleyes: