Newbie on carnival liberty

shirleys8

Hi, we are planning on sailing on carnival liberty on 4 night cruise looking at booking balcony cabin prob midship can anyone advise me best deck, cabin position etc. Can’t find any recent reviews of the ship can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance Shirley

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Selection of a room is a personal preference, so whatever appeals to you is fine. General rules of selecting rooms I use are:

Check what is on the floor above and below you. Don't want to be above/below any potentially noisy areas like lido deck, bars, kitchen, etc. Use deck plan to help you determine this.

Stay away from elevators and a little further down the hall (less traffic)

Lower and more middle on the ship is more "stable" and you tend to feel motion less if this is an issue.

Tend to get more "vibration" toward the back of the ship or if you are right above where front bow thrusters are.

If choosing a balcony, I prefer port side because "for the most part" this tends to be the side of this ship that looks at port when you pull in so you can watch/see everything (not always the case but usually in my experience).

Another one a lot of people don't think about is if you can pick a cabin really close to the suites or captains suite, you are more likely to have the room steward that services these as yours, and they tend to put there "best" stewards in place to service these rooms.

Hi, we are planning on sailing on carnival liberty on 4 night cruise looking at booking balcony cabin prob midship can anyone advise me best deck, cabin position etc. Can’t find any recent reviews of the ship can anyone point me in the right direction?

I tend to book empress deck, usually deck 7 on these size ships. It has cabins above and below and noise level usually isnt an issue. Just try to stay away from elevators and stairs.

If you can get a lido balcony that would be my personal first choice. I just got off Liberty a few days ago and we had a balcony on 7 which was a great location. The farther aft your cabin is, the closer you are to the the casual food areas like the buffet, Guys burgers, and the aft pool. So that would be a decent spot too. I loved this ship!

this will be my first Carnaval cruise. Does anyone have thoughts on deck 10? I booked cabin 1050. Not worried about movement but am about noise.

If you are talking about the Liberty too then yes this would be good. You have rooms above and below you and you are on Port Side which I like. This part of the ship sees a lot less traffic since there is really no reason to be there except for those in the rooms in the front of the ship.

If it is another ship then you would have to specify which ship.

Thanks in advance Shirley

We always prefer a midship cabin at the lowest deck with cabin decks above and below. Makes it convenient as start off point in going to public places in different decks, fwd and aft location.

my favorite is 7411 and have sailed that room a few times. Located right by the elevator- up two decks for food and pools down two decks for entertainment. THe only time you traveled was to the show lounge. No across the hall neighbors- that is where the firedoor is stored. and its right next door to a more expensive cabin in the higher category.