Carnival Pride Oct 28 cruise not change back to Grand Turk's, why?

DGaspar

One of the last cruise in October and Grand Turk cruise port will be operating and they won't change our itinerary back to the original itinerary? It's our first cruise with carnival and I was looking forward to visiting the island. So frustrating!

Maybe they won't be ready to support a regular complete schedule yet. Since Carnival controls Grand Turk (and therefore has a financial interest in taking you there if at all possible), there must be some reason (and I'll be willing to bet it has to do with $$)

The Oct 28 cruise is in 2018. You have a whole year to wait for them to add it back. There might be some other reason it was changed, because there are no stops scheduled for Grand Turk between Oct. 23 and Nov. 1. Perhaps they have some upgrades scheduled. EM

It is my understanding that Grand Turk can only handle one ship at a time right now.
I think you're correct - on November 1, both Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Pride were scheduled to be in port, which would give a port load of 5284 passengers (cruisett.com). While they can operate at a certain level, I suspect that 5000+ passengers is too much for them to handle yet.

One of the last cruise in October and Grand Turk cruise port will be operating and they won't change our itinerary back to the original itinerary? It's our first cruise with carnival and I was looking forward to visiting the island. So frustrating!

Book another cruise.

I am also going on the same cruise. Just realize that your cruising during hurricane season, albeit the extreme later portion. This will be my 5 cruise with Carnival, 4th on the Pride, you will have an outstanding time in Nassau and I would highly suggest hitting up Cabbage Beach or booking the "Flamingo Tour".

Carnival is fantastic and you will enjoy your experience with them

P.S. This is my second attempt at this very same itinerary, so I know your frustration, but remember, your somewhere else then home

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

the port can only take two ships max, so if two are already scheduled...

I feel for you, as GT is one of our favorite ports. amazingly beautiful beaches, excellent sea glass, wonderful people and vibe of the island.

Just wondering...where did you find the sea glass?

Just wondering...where did you find the sea glass?
There's some on almost every beach on GT. However I found a lot on the beach next to The Sandbar in town, and a friend found quite a lot at governor's beach and English point.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've been following Margaritaville's updates at all the devastated islands. As of 10/12/17, the post stated:

Margaritaville Grand Turk: The bar and restaurant are currently closed. There is no scheduled date to reopen at this time. We will update this blog as soon as we have an update.

We aren't fans of the place, but I know a lot of folks go there and I wonder if the delay reopening it is one reasons Carnival hasn't added it back to the rotation.

My personal opinion, Grand Turk isn't much. Basically a beach day. We had a taxi driver take us for a tour of the island, even having to pick some folks up that we had dropped off earlier, and a stop at the pharmacy, we were back in about an hour.

Some people like beach days. I love them. And Grand Turk is one of the best in the Caribbean. Plus, it’s has Jack’s Shack. So I can definitely understand the OP’s disappointment. I would be too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums