Seuss at Sea

winddawn

My kids are 6, 4, and 2, and will love this.

However, most people sailing don't have kids with them. On Fascination over fall break, there were only about 30 kids even registered with Camp Carnival. The most I ever saw in there was about 10.

I think they missed the mark on this one. If I wanted to sail with characters, I would go Disney. This isn't going to bring families TO Carnival. Price brings families to Carnival.

Edited by luvsviola

So Dr. Seuss and green eggs and ham at brunch instead of comedy???

Just what I want after a hangover, large cartoon character at my table.

Hoping it will be separate dining room. I did enough of character meals with my kids when they were little.

Edited by wantocruisemore

So Dr. Seuss and green eggs and ham at brunch instead of comedy???

Just what I want after a hangover, large cartoon character at my table.

Hoping it will be separate dining room. I did enough of character meals with my kids when they were little.

LOL! Hopefully, they will seperate the Sueses from the non-Sueses. :p

No cartoon characters/kid themes at all would be fine with me.

I really don't want to see costumed characters but, whatever, I'll live.

Dr. Seuss is as good of a choice as any, imo.

At least reading and books are a major component of Dr. Seuss.

Based on what some of the *haters* here think about Carnival and their customers, maybe they should have gone with a Family Guy theme. :p :eek: :D

Cute announcement. I hope it will be on whichever ship we'll choose to sail on next May because my 4 and 6 year old girls would love this. I just hope the prices don't go up too much because it's really not worth all of that. :rolleyes: Not jumping up and down in excitement news, but cute.

Ok so I love Dr Seuss. Really, Im a adult but i think Kids of all ages will enjoy. Kids of all ages enjoy Disney right? Just a lil entertainment sometimes goes a long way.So.. Thats fine and dandy, ( Was hoping for a lil more tho) BUT I don't agree with the extra 5 dollar charge. That seems ridiculous tho, Carnival I mean really, We already pay for the Steak house and other specialty Restaurants and of course my um Spirits... So why that extra charge for kids??

Rethinking some things will be better for business....:cool:

I think it's great! I don't have kids yet but hopefully one day when I do I can participate in all this. I love Dr. Seuss, he is my favorite children's book author so I am glad that is the theme they chose! Better than Nickelodeon IMO.

If I wanted to sail with characters, I would go Disney. This isn't going to bring families TO Carnival. Price brings families to Carnival.

^^This!

Was really hoping for some price-related news. What a disappointment....

If the Suess breakfast is the first sea day then everyone else has to go to the buffet or will the other MDR (or level) be used for regular breakfast?

What is happening to Funship Freddy? IMO The Cat in the Hat is just as scary looking.

Cute announcement. I hope it will be on whichever ship we'll choose to sail on next May because my 4 and 6 year old girls would love this. I just hope the prices don't go up too much because it's really not worth all of that. :rolleyes: Not jumping up and down in excitement news, but cute.

"Roll-out of the Seuss at Sea program will begin aboard Carnival Splendor in February 2014 with implementation across the full fleet by 2015, as well as Carnival Vista when that ship enters service in early 2016."

It's not an earth-shattering announcement, but I never expected it to be. Other cruise lines have character tie-ins, so I guess it's natural for Carnival to follow suit. I think my boys are probably a little too old, but they never stop surprising me. I can't see this detracting from my experience, and it may be fun, who knows, if it lasts 10 - 15 years maybe I'll be raving about how much fun my grandchildren had eating green eggs and ham!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I posted in another thread that I LOVE this idea. I absolutely worship Dr. Seuss - the first book I taught myself to read was The Cat in the Hat at age 2.5 and I have many of his books downright memorizes by now, thirty-someodd years later. An absolutely brilliant man.

I would absolutely pay the $5/plate breakfast fee for a Seuss experience and I am thrilled that this is debuting on the Splendor, which we'll be sailing (with our 10-year old daughter) in February.

I am convinced any time they announce ANY sort of change this board will always find SOMETHING to complain about.

Take a hint from the other boards... Can we be happy about ANYTHING around here? :confused:

This is a cute idea... And for the person who said for characters they would cruise Disney. Let me remind you RCCL has characters onboard as well. Do you cruise FOR them? No. Are they a cute addition to the cruise that can be easily ignored? Yup.