accessible verandah Noordam question

auntjoy036

Hi. Have any of you stayed in an accessible verandah (category VA) cabin on the Noordam? I looked at the diagram last night. There didn't seem to be much closet/cupboard space. Did you find the storage adequate? Mom and I will likely have one checked bag and one carry on each. (We lead a pretty casual life at home. We are looking forward to breaking out the nice clothes for dinner.)

Thanks.

Vicki

Hi. Have any of you stayed in an accessible verandah (category VA) cabin on the Noordam? I looked at the diagram last night. There didn't seem to be much closet/cupboard space. Did you find the storage adequate? Mom and I will likely have one checked bag and one carry on each. (We lead a pretty casual life at home. We are looking forward to breaking out the nice clothes for dinner.)

Thanks.

Vicki

I can't say about the accessible cabin, but if there is problem, don't fully unpack ... just take 3 days' worth or so out at a time, and put back what you won't be using again for next 3 days. Or buy the unlimited laundry package, and keep 2 days' worth out of the room always! :cool:

Edited by jtl513

My wife and I cruised in an accessible cabin on the Noordam in 2010. My wife brings enough clothes for several people and we always have plenty of storage space. The link below is to photos from our cruises. You can browse through photos from other cruises as well because all of the V category accessible rooms are very similar.

http://www.pbase.com/510picker/cruise_gallery

As I recall, the HC cabins at the bow have plenty of closet space.

I think they may be VB now, but were VA when we stayed in them.

We recently stayed in a VA on Deck 8 of Nieuw Amsterdam, and I was concerned about the lack of closet space. It was 8116, on the bump-out.

But it worked out fine. For the first time ever, we used the drawers under the bed!

Thanks Oceanwench! The schematic for N.A. 8116 looks just like the one for our cabin. Most of the clothes we plan to take will be fine in drawers. We have just a few slacks and sparkly jackets for formal night that need to hang in the closet.

Thanks for the help and fair winds for your next cruise.

Vicki

• 2 years later...
My wife and I cruised in an accessible cabin on the Noordam in 2010. My wife brings enough clothes for several people and we always have plenty of storage space. The link below is to photos from our cruises. You can browse through photos from other cruises as well because all of the V category accessible rooms are very similar.

http://www.pbase.com/510picker/cruise_gallery

I found this photo in your gallery and I was wondering bout the width of your chair. I need to know if my friends chair will fit there. Thanks!

130610428.pms3sX2U.IMG_3843.JPG

These photos are cabin VB6002 Nieuw Amsterdam very similar to VB6004 Noordam.

If you email the accessible team they will get the photos for you they sent me these..

cb4723f24d593c0454ddf57c63abdfb1.jpg

1714a2c27040843ed82aab6cf7afeb83.jpg

0b79917ec21defa2ab925f69a1129313.jpg

406bdbc94495660d25c04cbc6f2741fd.jpg

0a48068bf91c8a89c6c8ec9a1d2d0b32.jpg

1b0aa5329d5edb114830432d5c52828a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great photos Jason! Thanks!

We are booked on the Eurodam cabin 6001, which unfortunately does not have the forward facing window the NA has. So I am wanting to switch to one of the cabins along the side such as 510picker had. It is just very important the dimension between the bed and the wall be wide enough for my friends chair. Also HAL has reclassified the side handicap cabins as "Ambulatory" so they may not let me book one even if the dimensions will work. I have sent an e-mail requesting that information and haven't heard anything yet. A@C has sent me some photos, however.