Snowmeggedon and Why Aren't We All On A DAM Ship Right Now

1ANGELCAT

To all my fellow CC friends in the path of this monster, please stay safe.

I'm in SE Pennsylvania and our forecast is 12-16 plus inches. I just hope it all melts in the next 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm in SE Pennsylvania and our forecast is 12-16 plus inches. I just hope it all melts in the next 2 weeks.

Holland America, Take me away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holland America, take me away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know the Guv has said you can stay home tomorrow... He said it on TV...

Thankfully I am allowed to work from home tomorrow...so far the expected snow totals here are 6-10 inches. My son goes to college in north Jersey and he's under a blizzard warning.

Four more days to our flight to FLL, five to board the Zuiderdam. Can't get here soon enough...

Yup, it's going to be a mess here. 'Nor Easter meets storm coming from Ontario (central Canada).

Not sure what we are getting and I don't think the weather man is sure either - high winds, snow and ice pellets are in the mix. Words like "quick accumulation" and "dangerous" means it will be hunker down time here.

Looking for a silver lining - better tonight than the night before we fly out for our cruise ;)

We're leaving Wisconsin today for FLL, thank goodness! Put the snowblower and shovels away. Boarding the Rotterdam Thursday, very excited. I hope the blizzard ends quickly for the folks in the Northeast.

Bon Voyage! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're leaving Wisconsin today for FLL, thank goodness! Put the snowblower and shovels away. Boarding the Rotterdam Thursday, very excited. I hope the blizzard ends quickly for the folks in the Northeast.

Bon Voyage! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Safe travels Skoogs and keep the ship in good shape for us :D. Have a great cruise :D

Thankfully I am allowed to work from home tomorrow...so far the expected snow totals here are 6-10 inches. My son goes to college in north Jersey and he's under a blizzard warning.

Four more days to our flight to FLL, five to board the Zuiderdam. Can't get here soon enough...

We're on the same cruise and the weather is always questionable but so glad it's happening now and not this weekend for you! Safe flying maybe see ya on the ship [emoji925][emoji925]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am in Jacksonville. And we are catching a ride on a "Dam" Ship this week end. it is cold here too. About 45 degrees and getting colder. It is supposed to freeze on Friday.

As my blood has thinned ( know it is not possible, but still feels like it), and the cold is unbearable now, I am glad we will be in Fort Lauderdale. it does knock back the bugs. And ants, which are the pest I hate.

And In July, when all of you Northern folks, Mid West Folks, Canadian Folks are enjoying Paradise, warm days, cool nights................We will be in an Inferno.

It equals out.

Stay safe. Stay warm. Buy Lots of batteries in case the lights go out. Buy board games. We played scrabble during a Hurricane once. By candle light. The Eye hit S.Georgia but we had the rain and the rain and the rain and the rain..........and No power.

God Bless.

Leaving on Thursday from NY for our Saturday sailing on the Eurodam!

Me Too. God Willing. I actually went on line and bought tickets for the excursion to the Queen Elizabeth 2 Botanical Park. My grand Child, who is six, is looking forward to seeing Blue Iguanas. I am looking forward to seeing the Orchid Garden.

We have been to the Cayman Islands several Times, but have never been able to book that tour.

We sail a lot on Carnival and Princess, but have not been on HAL in a long time. I think my daughter and Son In Law are going to be quite impressed. We have taken them on Princess and Carnival. HAL quite impresses me.

Our daughter lives in Manhatten and was told to work from home today. She stopped by the market on her way home from work last night and said it was nuts. I think the idea of working while in her pjams and doing a Netflix binge while working is appealing.

Leaving on Thursday from NY for our Saturday sailing on the Eurodam!

Good luck! we are under a blizzard warning and every flight out of Vermont into the NY/NJ area has been cancelled! we fly out Friday for Fort Lauderdale- hoping for the best! we are on the Eurodam on Saturday!

well, we think we are, no stateroom assignment yet!

Hello from northern NH, we still have 2 feet of snow on the ground from the winter, and now the snow has begun today, with about 8-12 inches of new snow expected. Just thinking of my HAL cruise next week to warmer weather! Be safe, all fellow cruisers, and keep thinking warm weather and exotic ports of call!

Hello from Minnesota! Every "Snowmaggedon" thus far this year has been a great disappointment -- at least in the Twin Cities. That being said, I'm waiting for my Dam ship to come sailing in, in April!

Fair Winds to those of you traveling soon!

In Central New Jersey I just finished doing our driveway. Five days ago we were on the Costa Mediterranea out of Barcelona. It was great all you have to do is understand that it is an Italian Company and then roll with it. Rough seas 2 nights and Malta was cancelled because of rough seas. Can't complain about 2 days in Palermo. To us Barcelona is the 3rd best City in Europe just behind London and Paris.