Glory FTTF Sold Out - Your opinion wanted

Sue Goodreds

I just booked a cruise to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk 4 days ago that leaves 11/11/17 from Miami. After booking, I saw FTTF was sold out. :( I've never cruised Carnival without FTTF before. What do you think my chances are of FTTF opening in the next 102 days? I've been checking multiple times every day.

$20 to the porter at the terminal and your bags will be in your cabin before dinner. I had the same problem but when we boarded the Magic last September, we were checked in and on board in under 30 minutes...now we waited until 1 pm to check in. We were able to be in our cabin by 1:30. Didn't really need FTTF.

Since there's only one tender port, I'd think FTTF wouldn't make or break the cruise. Hope you get it, but it won't be the end of the world if you don't. Right?

$20 to the porter at the terminal and your bags will be in your cabin before dinner. I had the same problem but when we boarded the Magic last September, we were checked in and on board in under 30 minutes...now we waited until 1 pm to check in. We were able to be in our cabin by 1:30. Didn't really need FTTF.

I think that these statements assume the OP's reason for wanting FTTF. Personally, neither of these factor into my decision to purchase.

I just booked a cruise to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk 4 days ago that leaves 11/11/17 from Miami. After booking, I saw FTTF was sold out. :( I've never cruised Carnival without FTTF before. What do you think my chances are of FTTF opening in the next 102 days? I've been checking multiple times every day.

I booked our August cruise on Glory in early June and FTTF was listed as "sold out." I checked it daily (sometimes multiple times daily) and it finally opened up early July. I thought I was so lucky, but now I think they really did not open it up at all until early July, as there are still FTTF spots available today, August 1. Keep checking!

We cruise on Glory September 9th and I had checked it every single day at lunch. One day last week it was available so I booked it quickly! Just keep checking, it will open up. Happy cruising! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with the others who say keep checking. :) With just over three months left, there's still lots of time for more to open up. Whether it be from cancellations or Carnival opening more.

Porters are employed by the terminal, not Carnival. They don't have anything to do with getting bags to cabins. Not even for actual priority passengers. The only thing that greasing their palms might possibly do is to get them to place the orange sticker on a bag (that signifies a priority bag) when you're not actually a priority passenger. But even with the sticker, you still won't have a priority luggage tag, so the Carnival crew who do handle the bags on board might not treat it as true priority. Besides, it doesn't take bribing someone to get your bag before dinner.

Whats worked for me in the past (helps if you have luggage that stands out). A nice tip to your cabin steward and show him/her a picture of your luggage. You will have it inside of 45 mins after showing it to him/her [emoji106]

Cash is King!!!!

Keep checking.

$20 to the porter at the terminal and your bags will be in your cabin before dinner.

Before we were platinum and before Galveston went staggered times this was the gospel truth. I still tip this way, and for many of our trips the luggage is at the cabin door after lunch. Don't care what the naysayers post, it works for my family every single time, and that's now 37 cruises.