Imagination, 4 day cruise Aug 20 - 24 short review

john91498

Quick and short:

Pros:

Water Park - My kids spent at least 3-5 hours a day at the park

Guy Fieri's Burgers - Not sure why there is so much hate for these burgers. They were one of the highlights of my cruise. Had one or two a day.

Room steward - Probably the best service I've ever received. Guy did everything for us without a whimper.

MDR wait staff - Tried their best to get us our food. Felt sorry for these guys as they were worked rather hard without any help.

Camp Ocean - My kids spent many hours here and they always seemed to have fun.

Cons:

MDR wait staff - The staff was woefully understaffed. Food was getting to us quite slowly. I was looking forward to the prime rib on elegant night and it was bone cold.

Actually, that is the only con I can think of. Other than that, I had a great cruise.

On a personal note, I played poker every night and there was a Mexican family which played with me. We became rather close and they adopted me as their mother's illegitimate postman's son. Spent many night together and made for a memorial cruise.

Great review. I like the burgers too, and make sure to get aboard early to enjoy one before the hoards arrive. You cannot be more right about the room stewards, they work hard with a big smile and personal greeting.

I am not sure the main dining room wait staff is entirely to blame for slow service. I have been in the kitchen during the Chef's Table tour and seen a long line of waiters patiently waiting on the cooks to plate the food. That bottle neck is something the banquet captains need to solve.