BIG NEWS! We Are Proud to Announce....

BBMacLaird

Congratulations to Larry Pimentel and everyone at Azamara on the addition of Azamara Pursuit. I'm especially happy for your wonderful Officers & Crew, who've been hoping for an addition to Azamara's fleet for years. Great news !

Bonnie : As this is not a newbuild, will any details be released on what ship Royal Caribbean is purchasing ? Is it a true Sister ship (one of the R Class ?). Would love to hear some details if possible.

Thank You !

Thanks for the post, Bonnie.

I'm guessing that the phrase "comparable in size" suggests that it is not an "R" ship.

But part of the fun will be the gradual release of details.

Hi Nordski,

The Azamara Pursuit is actually the last of the "R" class ships originally built by Renaissance Cruises.

Congratulations to Larry Pimentel and everyone at Azamara on the addition of Azamara Pursuit. I'm especially happy for your wonderful Officers & Crew, who've been hoping for an addition to Azamara's fleet for years. Great news !

Bonnie : As this is not a newbuild, will any details be released on what ship Royal Caribbean is purchasing ? Is it a true Sister ship (one of the R Class ?). Would love to hear some details if possible.

Thank You !

Hi Andy, so nice to hear from you! We are all so excited about this!

I'll let Larry know you've sent along your congratulations.

Was told Sunday night on Journey that a big announcement about the fleet was coming "any day." No details, though.

Maybe Pursuit will be in the Med summer of '19 and we won't have to hear that complaint anymore.

Maybe Ryszard will finally get a ship to call his own.

Thank you all for the response. I knew this community would be over the moon with the news of a third ship and more destinations! I got up at 4am to post this, so you'd be the first to know :hearteyes:

Now I'm going back to bed for a couple hours...see you in a few!

Hi Nordski,

The Azamara Pursuit is actually the last of the "R" class ships originally built by Renaissance Cruises.

Thank You Bonnie !

This makes perfect sense. As Carnival has said farewell to the Fathom brand, I suspected that Adonia might become available. So happy to she's the ship that's coming to Azamara.

Interesting that we saw Adonia at Port of Miami several months ago, after the news that Fathom was ending. As she was berthed next to us, I mentioned to my family that Adonia would be a perfect addition for Azamara. I also said that I hope Larry is looking out of his window from the RCCL corporate offices (which faces the port) and thinking the same. Thankfully, he had the same vision ! :)

Thanks for your very kind comments Bonnie, and for sharing my comments with Larry Pimentel. All my very best to You, Larry, Captain Johannes, Heike, Signe, and everyone at Azamara.

Just saw this on Azamara social media pages. Very happy to see the fleet expanding but a little sad too on a personal level as Azamara have priced themselves out of the market for us. We like to travel often and can book so many more other land based holidays and cruises for a fraction of the price Azamara are charging at present.