Carnival Glory Reposioning to New Orlens in 2019

jedi bobs

Is that just during the dry dock or is Glory staying and Triumph going somewhere else? I'd like to see a conquest class ship replace the Triumph in NOLA.

It is Feb 16 2019- april 27 2017 that is a long time in dry dock

Carnival is offering a coparable cruise and $50 obc for the inconvenace, but, is not offering ptice protection on the deposit I did a 79 sale, and now they want half of the deposit

It is Feb 16 2019- april 27 2017 that is a long time in dry dock

Carnival is offering a coparable cruise and $50 obc for the inconvenace, but, is not offering ptice protection on the deposit I did a 79 sale, and now they want half of the deposit

Thanks. I'll be trying to get on one of those cruises. Right now online you can't book Glory beyond Feb...or anything other than Dream out of New Orleans beyond Feb.

I got this same email today, bummer. I had used an Amex offer to save $200 on this cruise so even if I re-book I lose that (assuming Amex takes their $200 back).

Can't edit my post so I'll just reply. Booked on the Conquest for 1 week earlier, looks like they just apply the money already paid to the new booking so no refund which means Amex won't take back their $200, yay. This cruise doesn't have as nice an itinerary (1 less sea day, substitute Nassau and Half Moon Cay for St. Thomas and San Juan) but it's a little cheaper per day and they are giving $50 per person OBC so I think I'll live ;)

We got this same email today from Carnival. Both of our cruises on the Glory - February 2019 and April 2019 - guess I'll be contacting our PVP to figure this out! We enjoy the Eastern sailings...not so crazy about many of the Western ports. I haven't see the updated itinerary yet.

I've never canceled a cruise before...this should be interesting...stay tuned :o

For what it's worth.... on Grand Cayman's port website you can look at the ship schedule way out. If you look into early past the schedule Carnival has released you will start seeing both Glory and Conquest starting to show up there on Mondays. Neither does that currently. If you go into early 2020 Dream no longer comes in every other Thursday but Triumph starts coming in every Thursday. And Freedom stops coming in every other week like she does now. Just throwing that out there, hard to tell what to make of it all.

I got this same email today, bummer. I had used an Amex offer to save $200 on this cruise so even if I re-book I lose that (assuming Amex takes their $200 back).

I can confirm they won't. I had an instance where an airline cancelled my flight and refunded the airfare cost. The AMEX credit stayed. They seemed to consider it two separate transactions (booking and AMEX reward credit).

I can confirm they won't. I had an instance where an airline cancelled my flight and refunded the airfare cost. The AMEX credit stayed. They seemed to consider it two separate transactions (booking and AMEX reward credit).

I've read posts by some people who had the bonus taken back and posts like yours who say they didn't so it seems to be YMMV. I assumed since mine was recent (~2 months ago) it was a lot more likely to be taken back in the event of a refund. Thankfully it worked out that it won't be an issue.

For what it's worth.... on Grand Cayman's port website you can look at the ship schedule way out. If you look into early past the schedule Carnival has released you will start seeing both Glory and Conquest starting to show up there on Mondays. Neither does that currently. If you go into early 2020 Dream no longer comes in every other Thursday but Triumph starts coming in every Thursday. And Freedom stops coming in every other week like she does now. Just throwing that out there, hard to tell what to make of it all.

A new edition of dancing of the ships apparently. Nice to be able to go on different ships.

Our February 2019 cruise on Glory was canceled too. So bummed because we had an amazing room for a great price. The itinerary was fabulous too. We are trying to figure out which cruise we will take instead. Seems like if they can book a cruise almost 2 years out, they should know what their schedule for maintenance or repositioning should be.

Our February 2019 cruise on Glory was canceled too. So bummed because we had an amazing room for a great price. The itinerary was fabulous too. We are trying to figure out which cruise we will take instead. Seems like if they can book a cruise almost 2 years out, they should know what their schedule for maintenance or repositioning should be.

I agree with that. They should've scheduled this before they started booking 2019 cruises.

What day in February? Is the 12 day journeys Feb 16 still on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So it looks like the Triumph is getting a 2 month drydock.

•  
  • Dry Dock: 3/02/19-5/01/19

Seems like its going to be a Sunshine type makeover.

I highly doubt that Triumph is given a “Sunshining”. Surely Carnival would’ve learned its lessons after the hurried drydock/revamp of Destiny and scheduled more than two months to work out the kinks.

I’m sure Triumph is going to get a nice spruce up to the cabins (think Victory and Elation) while the ship is docked instead of closing off decks while the ship is still being used, lido deck ocean view and grand suites at the bow, and probably Waterworks similar to what Glory received in her last drydock.

I’m probably wrong, but I guess we’ll find out sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmm, idea: Dream moving to Orlando or a more northern port. Freedom moves or starts doing shorter cruises