Pride cabin 5179

saintsfanmd

Sorry, not sure if this is the same category as you are asking about, but in November it was a cat. 7A - cabin 5236 on the Pride. It was obstructed towards the aft (where the smaller lifeboats are). The lifeboats came to the top of the railing and that was it. You could see out no problem, but looking down was obstructed.

IMG_0195.jpg.4ea48d24f260ea9db250348403b8baee.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg.9cbbe62f7fa12feaa8517bc5b4340869.jpg

• 4 months later...
Thanks. Yes...we have a cat 7A. I'm hoping that in 5179 the lifeboats come up to the bottom of the railing. I guess we'll see when we get there.

We've got cabin 5179 on the Pride later on this year. Would you mind taking and posting pics of the view fr the balcony of your cabin on your July 17th cruise? I'd greatly appreciate it!

You said you are going on a January cruise, which one? I just booked the Jan 24th cruise and I also selected an obstructed balcony, it was either 5184 or 5186. I had a post earlier asking a question about balconies on the Pride, and a person supplied a link to look at the cabins. There were not any pictures, but what it did say is which cabins are obstructed lifeboats and which ones are obstructed tenders. The tenders obstruct more of the balcony than the lifeboats.

Julie

• 2 weeks later...
You said you are going on a January cruise, which one? I just booked the Jan 24th cruise and I also selected an obstructed balcony, it was either 5184 or 5186. I had a post earlier asking a question about balconies on the Pride, and a person supplied a link to look at the cabins. There were not any pictures, but what it did say is which cabins are obstructed lifeboats and which ones are obstructed tenders. The tenders obstruct more of the balcony than the lifeboats.

Julie

We're booked for the 17th. Yes, I noticed that the posts indicated that you want to be towards the back (lifeboats as opposed to tenders) if you have a cat 7a.

I just came off the pride today and I was in cabin 5176 I assume the same just on the other side.the lifeboats will not effect your veiw to look out only down.I will try to post pics later.

5177 on Pride first week of June.....great cabin.......it was in between life boats so I could see down and out.......you will be next door to where I was great cabin...do not worry...plus elevators are just around the corner....great location

• 8 years later...
I just came off the pride today and I was in cabin 5176 I assume the same just on the other side.the lifeboats will not effect your veiw to look out only down.I will try to post pics later.

8 years later your encouraging info came in handy. I upgraded to 5176 yesterday. Thanks!

We have been on the Pride 6 times, 7 is this Sunday. We have stayed in 7A staterooms on all but one cruise and twice in stateroom 5177 which is next door to 5179. We have no problem with the view from the stateroom. You cannot see directly down but you can look out with no problem. The floors above can't look directly down either because of the lifeboats. In my opinion the only staterooms I would try to stay away from are the staterooms by the first three lifeboats on each side of the ship because they are larger than the remaining lifeboats and may block your view of the horizon. But if they were the only staterooms left I would stay in one.