Azamara Quest

MAGSMFC

Can anyone please tell me who the Captain, Hotel Director and Cruise Director will be on the Quest on the 7th July sailing from Rome to Venice.

Has anyone any info on them as have always cruised with Captain Johannes, Heike and Eric.

Many thanks

Margaret

If you look on the Azamara website under the Life Onboard heading, then Our Crew, then Senior Officer Schedule , it lists all the cruises up to December. Click on their names and you can read their biography.

Captain Jose

Hotel Director Phillip

Cruise Director Russ

Hi Margaret. We haven’t yet sailed with Capt Jose, but were with Philip and Russ on our last cruise in January. Both are great. Philip in particular is a really lovely guy - friendly, kind and helpful.

We’re on the July 7 Quest cruise too. I’m keeping a spreadsheet of those on the Roll-call for the cruise. Do you want me to add you on to it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Hi Margaret. We haven’t yet sailed with Capt Jose, but were with Philip and Russ on our last cruise in January. Both are great. Philip in particular is a really lovely guy - friendly, kind and helpful.

We’re on the July 7 Quest cruise too. I’m keeping a spreadsheet of those on the Roll-call for the cruise. Do you want me to add you on to it?

Really impressed with Captain Jose, as he avoided a tropical storm on our TA crossing to Canada by steering in a southerly direction towards the Azores. We just had one disrupted evening . Another cruise director & Russ met in Quebec City and that CD told Russ that they had had 3 horrendous days and nights as they had sailed due west and went through the eye of tropical storm Ian.

Russ is just the loveliest man and very talented too. He is everywhere around the ship and so friendly to all the

passengers...not just the "special ones"!

Philip is a true gentleman and can sort out any problem you might have.

I don't really know Captain Jose that well so can't comment.

I have sailed with the three of them and I find them excellent. I like Russ very much as a cruise director. One of my best memories at sea is from one cruise with Captain Jose from Athens to Dubai. He made a turn with the ship so that guests on both sides could see a fantastic sunset. He also avoided a Cyclon at the Gulf of Aden and took us safe to our destination.

Ivi

Russ is just the loveliest man and very talented too. He is everywhere around the ship and so friendly to all the

passengers...not just the "special ones"!

I agree Lottie. Russ is such a nice guy. Warm and friendly. Describing him in the past I can say that he is one of those special people who can talk to you as if you are the only person in the room. Watch out for his silver Mamma Mia boots too!

Phil

I’m so disappointed that we’ll miss having Phillip on our June 30th cruise as he restarts on the following cruise. Is it normal for these senior offices to board a day or two beforehand to take the handover?

I have known it happen. If he flies into Venice I suppose he may arrive the day before disembarkation.

Thanks. Our last port of call is Livorno, so he could fly into Pisa.

I have known it happen. If he flies into Venice I suppose he may arrive the day before disembarkation.

Sorry - I was getting confused. Of course he starts in Civitavecchia, not Venice! It’s possible that he may join the ship in Livorno.

Do you know Tomasz? He is great too and although new to the HD role was and is an excellent F and B Manager. No issues with him at all.

Phil

Agree with Phil. Tomasz is absolutely lovely and his promotion is so well deserved. Looking forward to seeing him in June.

Do you know Tomasz? He is great too and although new to the HD role was and is an excellent F and B Manager. No issues with him at all.

Phil

Yes agree. It’s good to see now the extended group of hotel directors each as good as the other

Sent from my iPhone using Forums