MUTS screen on Quest

Azamarajunkie

I heard there might be some screens going in so they could test it to show world cup matches. (I know that is going to divide people!).

Not sure if it is a permanent move

I think that move was aborted, will be interested to see how it all looks on Journey and whether it is still the patch or if it has been put back in some way

If they start showing Celebrity adverts on it I will promptly jump overboard. There are only so many times I can watch Lisa Lutoff Perlo;)

Seriously though, I hope it’s a move just to improve the MUTS experience for people on one or two evenings, for example when they don’t go on the Azamazing Evening.

Phil

I heard there might be some screens going in so they could test it to show world cup matches. (I know that is going to divide people!).

Not sure if it is a permanent move

That’s good news - my other half was just bemoaning the fact that we are onboard Quest for the last 10 days of the World Cup (presuming they are putting screens on the Quest as well).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s good news - my other half was just bemoaning the fact that we are onboard Quest for the last 10 days of the World Cup (presuming they are putting screens on the Quest as well).

See my original post which refers to the Quest, Jose, captain of the Quest posted the picture on FB.

Well here is one person who most definitely won't be watching World Cup football on any screen whatsoever.

But I know a woman who will! 😄

Spurs should be well represented in the England team.

Does anybody know how, who and/or which Azamara department I can contact to get a definitive answer whether a MUTS will be installed on Pursuit? If that is the plan, I definitely want to cancel my November cruise prior to next month's final payment. NO MUTS is one of a couple of reasons I booked it. Thanks in advance!

Just noticed on Facebook that Captain Jose has posted a picture of a big MUTS screen on deck 9 above the pool bar. That’s new!

Wonder where the water slides will go!

They only use the screen occasionally, during Azamazing Evening etc. It is inflateable and easily removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They only use the screen occasionally, during Azamazing Evening etc. It is inflateable and easily removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess my main concern is having to listen to or see ANY kind of sporting event, and I think there are many (soccer, football, etc) going on in the month of November. As you can tell, I don't like sports, and I live in a large college town obsessed with college football with a stadium that seats about 120,000. The season starts in September through November and by the time it ends I am SO sick of hearing about it, fighting the crowds all weekend everywhere I go, that I want to forget all about it when I take a vacation.

Zoey, I really wouldn't worry about the MUTS screen. It won't be on often and will be easy to avoid. Most Azamara cruisers are really not such Sports Addicts as seem to live in your town.

It probably will be showing some of The World Cup Games this June but I will be avoiding them!

Thanks Lottie. I don't mind if sporting events are held in an area I can avoid, such as a bar or lounge, I just don't want to HAVE to listen to it in a public area for 14 days. I'll try not to let my impulses cause me to cancel right away and think about it. However if between final payment and departure, if Azamara decided to go a different direction and starting playing it on deck all the time, I guess my options would be to get over it, hole up in my cabin, or jump and swim to Miami :o

OK obviously going to be displaying my ignorance here but to me a mut(t) is a canine of uncertain linage - googled MUTS and found it is a DNA mismatch repair protein. Neither of which would enhance my enjoyment of the pool area, or permit the screening of sporting events. :o

OK obviously going to be displaying my ignorance here but to me a mut(t) is a canine of uncertain linage - googled MUTS and found it is a DNA mismatch repair protein. Neither of which would enhance my enjoyment of the pool area, or permit the screening of sporting events. :o

MUTS = Movies Under The Stars Catchum.

It's a big screen on deck showing movies, sports events etc. You can get blankets, popcorn, hot drinks if it's cold at night.

It's not something that Azamara has done much of in the past but Celebrity and Princess have MUTS all the time.

It's not something that Azamara has done much of in the past but Celebrity and Princess have MUTS all the time.

In fact it's a pretty new thing on Celebrity and not yet on all of the ships, but they are coming. Seems Azamara has caught the bug. I'm not sure I think much of it to be honest.

Phil

I sincerely hope they don’t have football live on a big screen while I’m on Quest from 30th. I was so pleased to be away from the UK for at least one week of it.

Not everyone wants or likes it and having big screens blaring out football noise would drive me nuts.